Jets WR Brad Smith is a free agent next year/ Loomis make it happen. (1 Viewer)

Yes I would love this move, it would fill 3 needs kick/punt returner, wide reciever, and we wouldn't have to spend time looking for or keeping a third QB he's the total package!

Want someone better then Smith but can get way cheaper...
Chad Owens. Toronto Argos(CFL) Crazy speed and also has great hands, could be a nice 3 or 4 reciever to go w/ ST play.

dont need him, we can find someone for kr in the draft or UDFA...

we have Drew Brees not some Joe Namath wanna be... That would limit his touches

Who said anything about him playing QB or running a wild cat? No way would I want the ball out of Drew's hands.

Who said anything about him playing QB or running a wild cat? No way would I want the ball out of Drew's hands.

I wasnt replying to your post.

Brad Smith is valuable because he is a good utility player (running the wildcat). Having an elite Qb like Brees, we dont need a player like Smith. (who will probably be overpaid this offseason)

We could probably get Darren Sproles will the same amount of money Brad Smith.
He would be able return kicks and punts possibly and would also add RB depth and a would be a difference maker coming out of the back field on screen passes

Whatever happened to Rod Harper? You remember, one of the stars of the 2009 preseason games as a kick returner. I'm guessing he was waived or was waived as part of an injury settlement. Anybody know for sure?

Bum once wasted consecutive 4th round picks in 1984 and 1985 trying to find kick and punt returners ... remember Jitter Fields and Billy Allen? At least Fields lasted one season. Allen never made it out of training camp.

I wasnt replying to your post.

Brad Smith is valuable because he is a good utility player (running the wildcat). Having an elite Qb like Brees, we dont need a player like Smith. (who will probably be overpaid this offseason)

He also is very good at end arounds and reverses (something as we know, Sean Payton loves!!) and is a good returner. And who knows, maybe with some good coaching, he could be a decent wide out.

Yea the jets are definitely going to let one of their only weapons that is consistent in any phase he plays in go. Sure. Make that happen Loomis.

Want someone better then Smith but can get way cheaper...
Chad Owens. Toronto Argos(CFL) Crazy speed and also has great hands, could be a nice 3 or 4 reciever to go w/ ST play.

Best little PR in CFL. I wonder how he would do with the narrower fields in the NFL. Replaces Lance Moore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom