Jets WR Brad Smith is a free agent next year/ Loomis make it happen. (2 Viewers)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I would love add him to the Saints next year. One of the top kick returner and plays on all special teams, can line up to run the option and throw the ball out of that formation and also can fill the role of the 4th WR and even is the 3rd emergency QB.

Why would you go for him when Fitzgerald will be likely available at the same time?

I would rather get a new special teams coach than either, honestly. With that being said, I don't see us getting either one to be honest. Fun to dream, though.

after the way our recievers played today.
I dont want to see any of them leave.
Or any high free agent additions.
It would be a waste.

Top 8 rule will prevent us from doing so I think. Would love to have him though.

Fitzgerald is a dream because of the price tag involved. I don't think Smith would completely break the bank. That said if we get one mid level free agent next year I hope it's Chad Greenway from Minnesota.

Why would you go for him when Fitzgerald will be likely available at the same time?

With that being said, I don't see us getting either one to be honest. Fun to dream, though.

If not Smith maybe find someone like him in the middle of the draft.

I love what Roby's done as a gunner, but he just doesn't offer much as both a returner and receiver compared to Brad Smith.

The Jets will already have their hands full re-signing both Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards as well so Brad Smith just may end up becoming a FA.

I'll chime in on brad smith for you guys.

1st off i hope the jets retain him but its gonna be hard. we have ALOT of really good players that'll be free agents. here is a short list

shaun ellis
brodney pool
braylon edwards
david harris
cromartie
holmes
eric smith
brad smith

Brad smith to the jets is alot like reggie to you guys. reggie isn't a pure RB nor a very good RB. brad smith isn't a pure WR nor a very good one. but the defense has to account for them when there on the field. like reggie smith returns kicks (reggie does punts) plays WR and RB. smith also runs the wildcat and can throw the ball too though. He's versatile and explosive but not a pure WR. but he's the kind of player that'll help any teams offense and special teams unit if he does leave here.

Fitzgerald is a dream because of the price tag involved. I don't think Smith would completely break the bank. That said if we get one mid level free agent next year I hope it's Chad Greenway from Minnesota.

Greenway would be an AMAZING pickup.

Smith is versatile and a really good player, no doubt. However, his main contributions come in the return game. Neither are doing that great this year, but our kick returners:Roby, Bush and Moore are no slouches(gotta like that Jet fan). Roby is a fantastic kick coverage guy as well. Replacing him with Smith would be a slight downgrade when you factor in coverage ability, IMO. Bad time to say so with his fumble in Dallas, but Reggie is a dangerous returner as well. We have plenty of depth at receiver. I just don't see him being worth a big free agent contract for the Saints. Maybe for a lot of teams, but not the Saints.

Dear Lord... adding Larry Fitzgerald on this team would have to be in violation of some sort of "fair play" rule by the NFL.

No, because the amount of FAs we would lose (not be able to re-sign) because of his contract would certainly even things out :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom