jetsblog-hilarious (1 Viewer)

I could agree with that. But, if your a reasonable person, you should be able to assess matchups and see where you're strong and where you're weak. Most Jet's fans see no mismatches against us, which is silly.

Silly = Delusional = uninformed Jets fans

This is delusional:

He/she should at least take the time to sound like you know what you're talking about...

I'll agree with you on the notion that your defense is better than that guy probably thinks it is.

But a few points:

Teams are throwing on you to catchup, so obviously you're going to be something like 5th in the league in run defense. Before Revis got here, we had a GOD AWFUL pass defense, so teams just threw at will against us...and we wound up with a top 10 run defense...and it had nothing to do with having good run defenders.

We actually do need to run the ball more...with LEON WASHINGTON. Jones is creeping up there in age, and just doesn't have the burst through the hole he once had. I'll agree with that poster on jetsblog that Greene might actually give us a better chance than Jones.

Finally...you guys keep saying how you're going to give the rookie Sanchez fits. Wouldn't it naturally make sense to take the pressure off him by running the ball?

I'll agree with you on the notion that your defense is better than that guy probably thinks it is.

But a few points:

Teams are throwing on you to catchup, so obviously you're going to be something like 5th in the league in run defense. Before Revis got here, we had a GOD AWFUL pass defense, so teams just threw at will against us...and we wound up with a top 10 run defense...and it had nothing to do with having good run defenders.

We actually do need to run the ball more...with LEON WASHINGTON. Jones is creeping up there in age, and just doesn't have the burst through the hole he once had. I'll agree with that poster on jetsblog that Greene might actually give us a better chance than Jones.

Finally...you guys keep saying how you're going to give the rookie Sanchez fits. Wouldn't it naturally make sense to take the pressure off him by running the ball?

we were either tied or the the game was a 3pt margin for the better part of the game on sunday and the bills still couldn't run the ball.

But a few points:

You have to look at the teams YPA when rushing to know that the Saints have a good run defense. You also have to watch the games and not just read the stats.

You have to look at the teams YPA when rushing to know that the Saints have a good run defense. You also have to watch the games and not just read the stats.

Regardless, you've faced Kevin Smith and 2 back-up running backs, as well as 3 offensive lines that are facing serious problems.

Whether the Jets are successful or not, the Jets present the most potent offensive line and run game you will have faced to this point. Let's see what happens.

(FWIW, Sanchez is going to have to throw for 250yds and/or 0 picks for us to win this game)

They have the same exact offense as last year for the most part.

Even if that were true, wasn't it the #1 offense? That should scare them.

But a few points:

The above argument ^ holds absolutely no water... Teams have run 63 rushing plays in three games against the Saints this year for a 3.2 yard per carry average. That's 21 rushes per game. Perhaps our run defense is just stout? :idunno:

JamaicanJetFan: We actually do need to run the ball more...with LEON WASHINGTON. Jones is creeping up there in age, and just doesn't have the burst through the hole he once had. I'll agree with that poster on jetsblog that Greene might actually give us a better chance than Jones.

Can't and won't comment on the above because I'm not familiar with Greene.

JamaicanJetFan: Finally...you guys keep saying how you're going to give the rookie Sanchez fits. Wouldn't it naturally make sense to take the pressure off him by running the ball?

*Note: See Buffalo game film. That's exactly what the Bills tried to do to help Edwards. We stuffed their running game, and kept the pressure on Edwards, blitzing him 60% of the time - 37 out of 61 plays... More importantly, we did that in their house.

To think the rookie Sanchez will fair better in our house when Buffalo's rushing attack was better than yours with Fred Jackson (until last week) is simply not dealing with reality. The Saints will fix that for ya on Sunday... you'll see.

Regardless, you've faced Kevin Smith and 2 back-up running backs, as well as 3 offensive lines that are facing serious problems.

Whether the Jets are successful or not, the Jets present the most potent offensive line and run game you will have faced to this point. Let's see what happens.

(FWIW, Sanchez is going to have to throw for 250yds and/or 0 picks for us to win this game)

fred jackson is the 4th leading rusher in the nfl. and the bills running game is better than yours. so are their recievers, so keep that in mind if you don't think that we will be blitzing alot.

many buffalo fans want the bills to stick with him even when lynch returns.

good luck with the ints. we have intercepted every passer that we have faced so far.

*Note: See Buffalo game film. That's exactly what the Bills tried to do to help Edwards. We stuffed their running game, and kept the pressure on Edwards, blitzing him 60% of the time - 37 out of 61 plays... More importantly, we did that in their house.

To think the rookie Sanchez will fair better in our house when Buffalo's rushing attack was better than yours with Fred Jackson (until last week) is simply not dealing with reality. The Saints will fix that for ya on Sunday... you'll see.

I guess you just haven't seen the Bills enough...but they are a BAD team. Just because Buffalo was unsuccessful at something, it doesn't mean we're not going to try it.

Whether we're effective or not is a whole different story.

Wow, great stuff there. Win or lose, a lot of them need to research more before typing.

Many on here need to do the same too. Don't people realize that once you've posted it, it's hard to remove all traces of ignorant comments?

The fact that anyone would think that Houston's offense is even near the quality of the Saints is laughable.

Even if that were true, wasn't it the #1 offense? That should scare them.

even more so considering that we were leading the league in offense last year with bush, colston, and meachem missing multiple games.

this year we played game one and two without pierre. games 2 and 3 without lance moore and the game on sunday without mike bell who was the 3rd leading rusher in the nfl coming into sunday and with billy miller done for the year.

lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom