Jim Everett discusses Jim Rome incident(dated in 2011) (1 Viewer)

Frank The Rat

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This says it was uploaded in 2011....had never seen it until now. Fast forward to 4:22 of the video to hear what he says. Personally after rewatching the actual video again I still feel Rome Deserved what he got...lol

The incident

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9HNgqQVHI_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jim Everett discusses it
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7QQOrknGfsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rome is a *****...nay he is king of the D-Bags (especially if that burger chain story is true).

It is nice to see Jim doing well for himself. I wish we had kept him a few years longer. He game he came back to New Orleans as a Charger and beat us was my last week in New Orleans. I just remember my father telling me before the game " he is going to come in here (like every other former saint) and beat us." I thought he was crazy for saying that, but it was true.

Great post Frank. 2 thumbs up (though I can only give one).:9:

Rome got we he asked for. Actually, he got less than he asked for. Jim Everett seems like a nice guy. Looks healthy and fit and has a great attitude about life and sports. Jim Rome should be a man and apologize for being so disrespectful back then.

Rome got we he asked for. Actually, he got less than he asked for. Jim Everett seems like a nice guy. Looks healthy and fit and has a great attitude about life and sports. Jim Rome should be a man and apologize for being so disrespectful back then.

Being fair to Rome, he apologized for that incident a while ago. Said he was young and stupid and would never pull a stunt like that again. And he also didn't take the route a lot of people go by saying he won't ever speak of it again after his apology. He'll still talk about it

Still not a big fan, but got to give him his due.

Being fair to Rome, he apologized for that incident a while ago. Said he was young and stupid and would never pull a stunt like that before. And he also didn't take the route a lot of people go by saying he won't ever speak of it again after his apology. He'll still talk about it

Not doubting you, and I have heard that he apologized, but I can't find an apology by Rome anywhere. Would like to hear it from him. I think I have heard him say it was a mistake, but never an actual apology to Everett.

Being fair to Rome, he apologized for that incident a while ago. Said he was young and stupid and would never pull a stunt like that before. And he also didn't take the route a lot of people go by saying he won't ever speak of it again after his apology. He'll still talk about it

Sorry man, but what did Rome think was going to happen???? Did he think there was an alligator infested moat surrounding him for protection???

He called someones buff and got called on it....

Jim Rome is fantastic; some of you need to stop taking yourselves so seriously. He's sharp, witty, and very sincere despite being in the business of making people laugh - a difficult line to balance.

He's one of the most successful radio personalities out there, and has been for a long time for good reason. Stop hating.

So Rome apologized to Jim Everett, but Jim Everett says he has not spoken with Rome since, and turned down the request to allow a burger franchise to use that clip (even though both men would have gained financially from it)?

Who did he apologize to for his buffoonery, and how was he planning on making restitution?

That fake fight with Everett was not at all sincere. An epic myth.

Ummm....that happened nearly 20 years ago, dude. I guess I didn't realize that it isn't possible for people to change, mature, and improve themselves.

Would you really want to be entirely judged today on who you were 20 years ago, particularly some random, isolated incident? Don't be a hypocrite.

Ummm....that happened nearly 20 years ago, dude. I guess I didn't realize that it isn't possible for people to change, mature, and improve themselves.

Would you really want to be entirely judged today on who you were 20 years ago, particularly some random, isolated incident? Don't be a hypocrite.

It's not so easy with Rome. His job is judging others. Anything he does is fair game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom