Jim Henderson 870 AM (1 Viewer)

flettrich2

Rookie
Reaction score
I have to listen to the games here in Dallas using the NFL Gamepass. I have noticed a few times so far that Jim H. when calling out Michael Thomas calls him Evans. He will go through his play calling then say great catch by Evans, and Im like who? Anybody else catch that?

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have to listen to the games here in Dallas using the NFL Gamepass. I have noticed a few times so far that Jim H. when calling out Michael Thomas calls him Evans. He will go through his play calling then say great catch by Evans, and Im like who? Anybody else catch that?
WR Mike Evans, No 13
WR Mike Thomas, No 13

Understandable.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WR Mike Evans, No 13
WR Mike Thomas, No 13

Understandable.

It's understandable that our home-team local announcer would regularly confuse a Saints player for a player on another team that we haven't even played yet?

Explainable, maybe. Understandable? That's a stretch.

bradman1965

Redacted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't listened to Jim in a while but I really hope he's not going the way of aging broadcasters like Verne Lundquist. Be a Vin Scully Jim! Be a Vin Scully.

fdl16

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On a similar note, Deuce keeps calling Onyemata "Onamatu".

Hokie would be proud.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's understandable that our home-team local announcer would regularly confuse a Saints player for a player on another team that we haven't even played yet?

Explainable, maybe. Understandable? That's a stretch.

Com'on man, Henderson is over 70 years old. He has been awesome, can we cut him a little slack?

/Karma

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Does he have to get excited when it's a big play against the Saints? I'm at work hearing the game on the radio and I'm thinking something good happened, nope. Also, why can't he say whether the pass was completed or not before saying anything else? He'll say contested catch cannot be made. Just say complete or incomplete and then say it was contested. Several games ago he literally took 10 seconds before saying it was caught. He kept describing it without saying if it was caught or not.

lildyce504

2 Dat!
Reaction score
Yup he does and Deuce with Onumatu lol they're still a lot better than listening to Fox's broadcasters ughhh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom