Jim Jones (Update: New Jones biopic starring Leo DiCaprio in the works) (1 Viewer)

Not realizing this was an old thread, I was like who are all these posters coming out of the woodwork to discuss Jim Jones. Lurking psychos perhaps? :smilielol:

You know what's funny? I don't think Kool-Aid's sales were hurt by this tragedy.

(And it wasn't even Kool-Aid, it was Flavor Aid)

Not realizing this was an old thread, I was like who are all these posters coming out of the woodwork to discuss Jim Jones. Lurking psychos perhaps? :smilielol:
I miss some. I looked to see when they were last on here.

What happened to Sabine? Judging by age, I'll assume the worst. 😔

You know, people say -- and it's hard to argue -- that in these days where the world is "smaller" (Read: the internet virtually linking us all together) that it's just going to get harder and harder for poor, would-be cult leaders because of our access to so much more information at our fingertips.

But I don't know. People who join cults tend to be intelligent and are looking for answers to life. Who these days isn't looking for an answer? At this point, I'm willing to argue we're all in a cult. Whatever our group is, we're being encouraged WHAT to think, not to think for ourselves.

You know, people say -- and it's hard to argue -- that in these days where the world is "smaller" (Read: the internet virtually linking us all together) that it's just going to get harder and harder for poor, would-be cult leaders because of our access to so much more information at our fingertips.

But I don't know. People who join cults tend to be intelligent and are looking for answers to life. Who these days isn't looking for an answer? At this point, I'm willing to argue we're all in a cult. Whatever our group is, we're being encouraged WHAT to think, not to think for ourselves.
I would think it is might be worse. First of all, the proof is right in front of us everywhere that people are more willing to swallow shirt than ever before.

Second, the internet has made people more individualized (read alone more) IMO. People need contact and the right charismatic person can swallow them up easily. And what might he use to do so? Probably the internet for starters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom