Jim Mora explains why the Saints can't run the ball (old video) (1 Viewer)

He didn't look bad at all in Washington last year, averaging 4.7 YPC and caught 9 passes for 84 yards. I just think he has the 30+ year old running back stigma attached to him.
Early in his career with the Saints I heard that he had a very difficult time recovering between games. I'm not sure how true it was but it was someone who would know that told me. Maybe this issue is durability week to week. If he were worth it I'm sure he'd be on a team. Maybe vet minimum or his own pay standards make him too expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's interesting that he calls Pierre Thomas "nothing special", as he was perhaps the most complete back of the Payton era. I seem to remember Mora's teams trying to run screens and failing at it quite regularly. When it worked, it was usually because Dalton Hilliard made something out of nothing by breaking more tackles than expected.

I do miss Mora for one reason, and that's because he didn't usually play the "coachspeak" stuff. It's made for some funny old clips on YouTube. :)

I'll admit that at that particular point in time, week 3 of the 2013 season, Ingram was still trending toward being a bust. Later that year, against the Cowgirls, a light came on and he's been a solid back since then. And Mora only WISHES his Hebert-led teams could move the ball as well as the CURRENT Saints team can, much less at the clip we saw when we were more of a lock to go the playoffs.

Can Mora tell us why his teams couldn't run the ball? In 7/10 seasons his yards per attempt were below the league average.

Well he did tell us something about that after his last game here...

If Ingram and Thomas weren't anything "special" according to Mora then neither were Mayes and Hilliard.

Look at what he accomplished with Edgerrin James. He and Bill Polian made a great pick by choosing James over Williams.

I'll admit that at that particular point in time, week 3 of the 2013 season, Ingram was still trending toward being a bust. Later that year, against the Cowgirls, a light came on and he's been a solid back since then. And Mora only WISHES his Hebert-led teams could move the ball as well as the CURRENT Saints team can, much less at the clip we saw when we were more of a lock to go the playoffs.

You have to look at who they were running against.

At that time, the Cowboys had so many injuries on defense, especially on the defensive line. Things were so bad til they had Martez Wilson starting at DE, and would occasionally slide into DT.

Holy Sheet-wrinkles Bat Man

You mean what I've been saying and getting neg repped for in every thread about us needing a Special RB for it to function.

OMG

Ellias J Williams doesn't just pull things out of his ANUS. And Ingram is still average...his receiving skills have increased and its helped his game but until we get an elite RB that can take 13 carries for 70 yds instead of 40 when he touches the rock we'll be mediocre but it doesn't matter. We're going to pass anyhow and it doesn't make much sense not too.

Thank You Mora cuz this board has me thinking I'm an idiot a lot of the time. If were smart well find one soon...it'll ease Brees into the end of his career and also would be extremely helpful for a young QB.

I'll never bring this argument up again......I've been validated.

You mean what I've been saying and getting neg repped for in every thread about us needing a Special RB for it to function.

OMG

Ellias J Williams doesn't just pull things out of his ANUS. And Ingram is still average...his receiving skills have increased and its helped his game but until we get an elite RB that can take 13 carries for 70 yds instead of 40 when he touches the rock we'll be mediocre but it doesn't matter. We're going to pass anyhow and it doesn't make much sense not too.

Thank You Mora cuz this board has me thinking I'm an idiot a lot of the time.

Most people think with their heart instead of looking at reality. Most "realists" will agree that Ingram is average; but somehow he's one of Payton's players.

OMG

Thank You Mora cuz this board has me thinking I'm an idiot a lot of the time.

Ingram had 12-58 vs the Raiders.

He's 100% correct

He's 5'9" 215lbs

That's not a bruiser. And he's not fast. He's average.

He's 100% correct

He's 5'9" 215lbs

That's not a bruiser. And he's not fast. He's average.

BS. He has shown good acceleration and the ability to be a receiving threat. What do Ingram bashers want anyway? We cant get the draft pick back but at least now he is playing for cheaper than Ivory. Too bad PT, Bush, and Ivory all got hurt in 2010.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Ingram and Thomas weren't anything "special" according to Mora then neither were Mayes and Hilliard.
You forgot Vaughn Dunbar, while the '92 Eagles got Herschel Walker off waivers.

BS. He has shown good acceleration and the ability to be a receiving threat. What do Ingram bashers want anyway? We cant get the draft pick back but at least now he is playing for cheaper than Ivory. Too bad PT, Bush, and Ivory all got hurt in 2010.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He doesn't break many tackles and he doesn't have that burst to take it the distance.

We've had backs who were better, but we've stuck with Ingram because he's the 1st round pick.

Don't get me wrong, I support him because he's apart of the team. But being brutally honest, he's average.

He doesn't break many tackles and he doesn't have that burst to take it the distance.

We've had backs who were better, but we've stuck with Ingram because he's the 1st round pick.

Don't get me wrong, I support him because he's apart of the team. But being brutally honest, he's average.

I admit he wasn't worth the first round panic pick (since the whole RB corp got hurt in 2010) but on his last contract he is our best value option. What's a better RB worth to you with all our dead money??

I still say Pierre Thomas has GOT to be better than Cadet. I just can't believe otherwise.
Always PT was 100% better than Cadet! It's an insult to PT to even compare the two of them!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom