Jim Mora on Saints QB Jameis Winston "He's too erratic" (1 Viewer)

Blame Loomis and Payton for the current situation the Saints are in. They took a chance on a QB that has all the physical ability but has yet to prove he has the consistent accurate ability. He has been trying some 8+ years. This is his last hurrah.

Yeah... about that. Who'd you have signed? After Drew retired we had to reel in the salary cap. I'm not mad about that because I'm cool with the fact that we spent money trying to win with Drew.

I'm okay with Winston win lose or draw because we aren't overpaying while trying to figure out where to go post Brees and now, post Payton.

Better hope Winston succeeds because going years and even decades trying to get the next sure thing sure ain't fun.

Yeah... about that. Who'd you have signed? After Drew retired we had to reel in the salary cap. I'm not mad about that because I'm cool with the fact that we spent money trying to win with Drew.

I'm okay with Winston win lose or draw because we aren't overpaying while trying to figure out where to go post Brees and now, post Payton.

Better hope Winston succeeds because going years and even decades trying to get the next sure thing sure ain't fun.
Well the team should of address it for the past 5 draft. We drafted some ok first rounder but not pro bowlers. Not saying bust yet, but Cesar Ruiz, Payton Turner, often injured Davenport haven't been living up to their first round grade. Teams who have an aging quarterback do find ways to get their next franchise quarterback a year or 2 years before they leave.

Last edited:
Can we just get a game manager? We have a defense and weapons on offense. All we need is someone who is not going to make mistakes or at least not many mistakes. The defense plays better when they know they won't be on the field after 3 and outs and turnovers.

Well the team should of address it for the past 5 draft. We drafted some ok first rounder but not pro bowlers. Not saying bust yet, but Cesar Ruiz, Payton Turner, often injured Davenport haven't been living up to their first round grade. Teams who have an aging quarterback do find ways to get their next franchise quarterback a year or 2 years before they leave.

They tried to get Mahomes.

The draft is a crapshoot. Look at how many quarterbacks or players at any position wash out without being successful.

I wouldn't have drafted a quarterback while trying to win with Drew unless I felt there was a cant miss prospect. Like Payton must have felt about Mahommes. Not while those picks had a chance to be used at other positions to help us win then. You just never know and hindsight is 20/20.

If you are going to be critical then you should at least try and be fair and reasonable while doing so. You'll look reasonably intelligent for it.

Last edited:
They tries to get Mahomes.

The draft is a crapshoot. Look at how many quarterbacks or players at any position wash out without being successful.

I wouldn't have drafted a quarterback while trying to win with Drew unless I felt there was a cant miss prospect. Like Payton must have felt about Mahommes. Not while those picks had a chance to be used at other positions to help us win then. You just never know and hindsight is 20/20.

If you are going to be critical then you should at least try and be fair and reasonable while doing so. You'll look reasonably intelligent for it.
I am being reasonable. And you are right it is a crapshoot. But so is the other first rounder we got. They haven't been all world beaters either. If they willing to trade up for a player, why not a quarterback?
Better hope Winston succeeds because going years and even decades trying to get the next sure thing sure ain't fun
And this right here, you hoping Winston succeeds. But so far he hasn't and now we are stuck. I am hoping he turn it around and prove everyone wrong. I want him to. But the team initially went and try to get Watson. The confidence of Winston isn't all there. Just like you I don't want to go through years or decades looking for one.

I am being reasonable. And you are right it is a crapshoot. But so is the other first rounder we got. They haven't been all world beaters either. If they willing to trade up for a player, why not a quarterback?

And this right here, you hoping Winston succeeds. But so far he hasn't and now we are stuck. I am hoping he turn it around and prove everyone wrong. I want him to. But the team initially went and try to get Watson. The confidence of Winston isn't all there. Just like you I don't want to go through years or decades looking for one.
That's the thing...we're not stuck, it's week 4. Only 1 team in the NFC is still undefeated and we're at 2Ls...we can right this ship. If we're at week 11 and we're sitting at 2-8, 3-7, 4-6.... then yeah we're screwed. But crying "WE'RE DONE" while mathematically 1 game out of 1st (edit 2nd) in conference is a little premature. Until we're that far underwater, I'm going to say there's hope.

Wanna see what ineffective QBing looks like, re-watch the game and look at Baker, that was ineffective, our QBing isn't ineffective, our gameplan is more ineffective...JW completed > 60% of his passes and that was before what some call "Garbage time"...in fact by this point in the game he was past Cooper Rush's game total and some of you want to trade Payton for Rush (and picks).
1664460317274.png

Besides, we have more problems than just QB, there are some mental mistakes he has to fix, like taking the check down when it's there and have better situational awareness....but he isn't as trash as some of you are making it out to be. Yall acting like he's playing like Jimmy G.

Last edited:
I couldn't disagree with a thing Mora said. His criticisms were obvious.

That's the thing...we're not stuck, it's week 4. Only 1 team in the NFC is still undefeated and we're at 2Ls...we can right this ship. If we're at week 11 and we're sitting at 2-8, 3-7, 4-6.... then yeah we're screwed. But crying "WE'RE DONE" while mathematically 1 game out of 1st (edit 2nd) in conference is a little premature. Until we're that far underwater, I'm going to say there's hope.

Wanna see what ineffective QBing looks like, re-watch the game and look at Baker, that was ineffective, our QBing isn't ineffective, our gameplan is more ineffective...JW completed > 60% of his passes and that was before what some call "Garbage time"...in fact by this point in the game he was past Cooper Rush's game total and some of you want to trade Payton for Rush (and picks).
1664460317274.png

Besides, we have more problems than just QB, there are some mental mistakes he has to fix, like taking the check down when it's there and have better situational awareness....but he isn't as trash as some of you are making it out to be. Yall acting like he's playing like Jimmy G.
Gosh you giving me stats that doesn't say much. For 3 quarter, and not all his fault, had been ineffective. 3 games in a role. And putting words in when I NEVER ever said we are done. And I never mention anything about Cooper or trading for someone. My original point is about not addressing the quarterback for the past 5 draft when the team knew Brees career was coming to an end. You putting players from other team that I don't care. Not my team, not something I care to address.

1664460317274.png

You have come down with a case of Winstonitis. It was prevalent in Florida for awhile until they found the contamination and got rid of it.

You have come down with a case of Winstonitis. It was prevalent in Florida for awhile until they found the contamination and got rid of it.
Nah...it ain't Winstonitis...you're taking his bad...blowing it waaaaaay out of proportion and ignoring what we were able to do. While praising other QBs who's good aint even as good as JW's good. Last week, "oh I wish our QBs were as effective as Trubisky and Brisset"...this week "Cooper Rush Bro!!!!"....neither were able to produce TB 100% H.

BTW: Did you ever get around to fixing your Ian Book Jersey? You just quietly switched it up as if you weren't ever wrong about that.
Gosh you giving me stats that doesn't say much. For 3 quarter, and not all his fault, had been ineffective. 3 games in a role. And putting words in when I NEVER ever said we are done. And I never mention anything about Cooper or trading for someone. My original point is about not addressing the quarterback for the past 5 draft when the team knew Brees career was coming to an end. You putting players from other team that I don't care. Not my team, not something I care to address.
You're right...stats don't say anything....Feelings matter, my bad.

If he's producing completing ~65% of his balls and over 200yds and ZERO INTERCEPTIONS early in the 4th and we have 0 points and down 13...don't you think stuff other than QBing went south...I'll concede the end of half screwup...that happened, but we still should've gotten 3...then the other missed FG that should've been another 3. Fixing FGs alone - Now you're down 13-6 going into the 4th and we tie the game on that first Possession. NVM that we gave them 6 through a RB fumble, but I guess that was him as well...because obviously if he didn't suck so much we wouldn't be running so much to fumble.

Nah...it ain't Winstonitis...you're taking his bad...blowing it waaaaaay out of proportion and ignoring what we were able to do. While praising other QBs who's good aint even as good as JW's good. Last week, "oh I wish our QBs were as effective as Trubisky and Brisset"...this week "Cooper Rush Bro!!!!"....neither were able to produce TB 100% H.

BTW: Did you ever get around to fixing your Ian Book Jersey? You just quietly switched it up as if you weren't ever wrong about that.

You're right...stats don't say anything....Feelings matter, my bad.

If he's producing completing ~65% of his balls and over 200yds and ZERO INTERCEPTIONS early in the 4th and we have 0 points and down 13...don't you think stuff other than QBing went south...I'll concede the end of half screwup...that happened, but we still should've gotten 3...then the other missed FG that should've been another 3. Fixing FGs alone - Now you're down 13-6 going into the 4th and we tie the game on that first Possession. NVM that we gave them 6 through a RB fumble, but I guess that was him as well...because obviously if he didn't suck so much we wouldn't be running so much to fumble.
Ineffective for 3 quarters. Taking so much sacks. Lots of 3 and out. And AGAIN I said it is not all on HIM. Trevor Siemen last year has decent stats. But all 3 quarters of ineffective football. We had mediocre players last year. But that didn't excuse him.

In before the "He's just an old out-of-touch coach that never won a playoff game...." responses

More like and old out-of touch coach that never won a playoff game whom is stating the blatantly obvious and I really can’t take seriously?

Ineffective for 3 quarters. Taking so much sacks. Lots of 3 and out. And AGAIN I said it is not all on HIM. Trevor Siemen last year has decent stats. But all 3 quarters of ineffective football. We had mediocre players last year. But that didn't excuse him.
"Taking so much sacks"....wanna know how many times he got sacked last week?

ONE....care to guess what our presnap alignment was on that one sack...sounding like a broken record. ANOTHER FREAKING BUNCH SET:
1664466877114.png

Preconceived notions on display

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom