Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will be on the call for Saints-Broncos (1 Viewer)

While I'll admit that some announcers are better than others, I fail to see how they influence the outcome of the actual game on the field. If you don't like them there is a mute button on 99% of the remotes, or you can turn off the TV sound and listen to the Saints broadcast on the radio. Those that listen to the radio be prepared though, Deuce tells it like he see's it and WILL criticize Saints players and coaches if he feels they made a bad play or decision just as much as the network announcers you seem to hate.

Deuce gives you knowledge about why something might have happened the way it did and he's not purposefully negative like Hokie.

Some of Phil's gems from yesterday:

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 208.8px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="795384351697543169" title="Twitter Tweet" frameborder="0"></iframe> <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 186.4px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="795386566663344128" title="Twitter Tweet" frameborder="0"></iframe> <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe id="twitter-widget-2" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 208.8px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="795390632177102848" title="Twitter Tweet" frameborder="0"></iframe> <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe id="twitter-widget-3" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 186.4px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="795413468606304257" title="Twitter Tweet" frameborder="0"></iframe> <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe id="twitter-widget-4" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 186.4px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="795413989538877440" title="Twitter Tweet" frameborder="0"></iframe> <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe id="twitter-widget-5" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 186.4px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="795420806780223488" title="Twitter Tweet" frameborder="0"></iframe> <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

With those gems I don't see how anyone could not like him! We need him around so we can keep mining this treasure trove.
<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

While I'll admit that some announcers are better than others, I fail to see how they influence the outcome of the actual game on the field. If you don't like them there is a mute button on 99% of the remotes

or i could just mute you .. hehe :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom