Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will be on the call for Saints-Broncos (1 Viewer)

GWave120

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Per 506Sports. The fact they're calling the game should mean that it will be broadcast to a significant amount of the country.

Jim Nantz called our Super Bowl win, so I'll always have a soft spot for his play by play.

Phil Simms? The same guy who still says we would've lost to the Colts in the SB if Freeny was healthy... Great.

why?

I would rather stick a fork in my eye than listen to Simms

We're the lead CBS game this coming week.

I really like Nantz, but no argument on Simms. SB44 right before Porter's pick, and he hits us with, "I wouldn't blitz Manning if I were the Saints! I'd put the extra men in coverage!" Yeah, great call on that one, Ding Dong.

I really like Nantz, but no argument on Simms. SB44 right before Porter's pick, and he hits us with, "I wouldn't blitz Manning if I were the Saints! I'd put the extra men in coverage!" Yeah, great call on that one, Ding Dong.

he does that about a half dozen times a game

This is the statement game for the Saints. Winning the main CBS game against the defending champions will get some notice.
Any word of it possibly being moved to the 3 pm slot or is it too late?

He also said the saints should use a time out instead of spiking the ball because it takes too long for the offense to get lined up. I think the ball was snapped and spiked before before sims finished his sentence. He stinks on ice

Phil Simms? The same guy who still says we would've lost to the Colts in the SB if Freeny was healthy... Great.

Gotta love some Simms, eh? :) He might be mildly annoying, but I'll take Nantz and Simms all day and all night long before Buck and Aikman. Might end up being a good thing getting that ol' Super Bowl band back together :mwink:

While I'll admit that some announcers are better than others, I fail to see how they influence the outcome of the actual game on the field. If you don't like them there is a mute button on 99% of the remotes, or you can turn off the TV sound and listen to the Saints broadcast on the radio. Those that listen to the radio be prepared though, Deuce tells it like he see's it and WILL criticize Saints players and coaches if he feels they made a bad play or decision just as much as the network announcers you seem to hate.

Thought that was Buck/Aikman
:idunno:

Incorrect. CBS broadcasted SB44, and at the time (as they also are now), Nantz and Simms were their lead commentating team.

Buck and Aikman did call the NFC Championship game vs Minnesota, however. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Nantz is a weirdo but I think he's one of the better announcers

The Saints/Seahawks game was actually televised in my area last week, so I'm optimistic the Saints/Broncos game will be on next weekend.:9:

Whether or not we get the Saints game depends on what time the area teams play (Redskins, Ravens, Eagles) and of course when the Cowbelles play since they always seem to grab a lead slot :rant:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom