Jimmy Buffett gave his game ball back to Reggie... (1 Viewer)

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
& I like what he told him:

...Local favorite Jimmy Buffett sang the national anthem and was given a game ball. He gave it back to Bush and said he'd wait to get one from him in Miami -- site of the Super Bowl. A preposterous idea a few weeks ago. Not so far-fetched now.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/football/nfl/san_francisco_49ers/16158864.htm

It's a good article with some quotes in there from Pat Swilling on Reggie. It's cool hearing what former Saints have to say about the man.

:)

I'm sure there's a thread on this already, but I thought he did a great job on the anthem.

Was it Bush's game ball? If so, great show of class from both Bush and Buffet.

Jimmy looked extremely happy at the ovation he received before he sang. Also in the picture when Reggie went 76 yards. Check out Dubyas pic thread if you haven't seen it and look at that pic.

Jimmy looked extremely happy at the ovation he received before he sang. Also in the picture when Reggie went 76 yards. Check out Dubyas pic thread if you haven't seen it and look at that pic.

That was a great pic!

Figure I would post it. Dubya takes some of the greatest pics at the game. This is a great pic with Jimmy in the background.
DSC_0164Large.jpg

I think that's Quint Davis next to Jimmy.

jim Henderson said he talked to Jimmy Buffett before the game and Jimmy told Jim he has all ways been a Saint's fan and was at the first game in Tulane Stadium.

Sorry but who's Quint Davis?

(And yes I thought it was Springer on TV. He did go to Tulane.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom