N/S Jimmy Burrow on Montreal talk show (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Says his son will be happy playing for the Bengals and looks forward to the challenge. Sounds like P.R speak to me. Secretly Joe Burrow is looking for a way to Burrow himself from this situation. For now Joe with his father as a mouthpiece are playing nice saying the right things.

Don't know or does anyone truly know if he will play for the Saints but the groundwork is being layed before our eyes to ensure that Burrow doesn't go to the Bengals.

I’ve heard his dad on WWL a couple times...including last week. I think he legitimately wants to play close to home. He’s not from Louisiana. He’s from Ohio. His parents live 2 1/2 hours from Cincinnati.

I’ve heard his dad on WWL a couple times...including last week. I think he legitimately wants to play close to home. He’s not from Louisiana. He’s from Ohio. His parents live 2 1/2 hours from Cincinnati.
You never know could be the reverse Eli Manning Situation. Was San Diego really a horrible place to go to. More importantly I guess why would S.D try to draft him after a successful 2003 season by Brees.

I'm thinking Jimmy is using reverse Psychology. Put a good face/front. Work behind the scenes to get something done.

The Bengals being who they are think that if they get a haul of sorts then they won the day. There's a reason why the Bengals are who they are.

There would be no reason for Joe to not want to play for the Bengals. He is a true competitor, who wouldn’t shy away from a challenge. Just factor in everything that is right with accepting playing in Cincy.
1.) He will have a strong backing by the fan base.
2.) Pretty good offensive weapons in place (especially if AJ Green gets healthy-Mixon, Boyd, Tate, Eifert possibly resigning, Alex Erickson, John Ross). That’s a really good group of skill positions. Gio Bernard blows (don’t care what you say, he blows). All he needs is an Oline.
3.) A ridiculously nice contract as the #1 overall pick.
4.) Would be really close to his family

Joe’s dream was to play for Nebraska. They didn’t want him. Goes to OSU, he competes for 3 years, they didn’t give him the job. He leaves and goes all the way down South. Finds a home and balls out. Sounds to me like he is willing to go anywhere that’s willing to accept him and give him a shot.

Last edited:
There would be no reason for Joe to not want to play for the Bengals. He is a true competitor, who wouldn’t shy away from a challenge. Just factor in everything that is right with accepting playing in Cincy.
1.) He will have a strong backing by the fan base.
2.) Pretty good offensive weapons in place (especially if AJ Green gets healthy-Mixon, Boyd, Tate, Eifert possibly resigning, Alex Erickson, John Ross). That’s a really good group of skill positions. Gio Bernard blows (don’t care what you say, he blows). All he needs is an Oline.
3.) A ridiculously nice contract as the #1 overall pick.
4.) Would be really close to his family
Those are excellent counterpoints. No one knows how things will truly play out. Just know this draft is going to be interesting/ entertaining. There's a lot of talent available

Those are excellent counterpoints. No one knows how things will truly play out. Just know this draft is going to be interesting/ entertaining. There's a lot of talent availableble.
Yes, lots of talent. But the Burrows are not like the Mannings. If someone trades up to get Joe, then that’s one thing, but I’m pretty sure that the Burrow’s would never pull an Eli Manning type situation. These people are not NFL royalty. The Burrow’s would just be happy to have a seat at the table.

Well if that's the case that's fine with me too. I will still be a fan of his and check out the Bengals games from time to time provided the saints aren't on tv or playing against Bengals. It would be annoying if it were an NFC team though to get him.

I would be surprised, if not shocked, if Burrow actively resisted playing for Cincinnati. Did you watch his Heisman speech? How many times did he talk about being from Ohio and Ohio State? How many in southern Ohio this season were cheering Burrow on? He has a strong sense of loyalty and where he is from.

And Eli, who was highly recruited, and the Manning family exhibited a sense of entitlement that Burrow, who was not highly recruited and never got a chance to play at Ohio State, has never shown.

Joe burrow to the saints is 100% not happening. The cost would be astronomical and we would have to trade away all of our best players and a couple of years of draft picks to move up that far.

What I DO worry about is carolina sitting in the 7 spot. It would still be expensive for them to move to 1, but its not a completely impossible "only in madden" type dea like it would take for the saints to get him.

Yes, lots of talent. But the Burrows are not like the Mannings. If someone trades up to get Joe, then that’s one thing, but I’m pretty sure that the Burrow’s would never pull an Eli Manning type situation. These people are not NFL royalty. The Burrow’s would just be happy to have a seat at the table.
I agree Burrow and his family are class acts. Manning move with S.D was premadonna. That team had Gates and L.T. It wasn't as if Eli was being Vanquished to football wasteland. In a weird irony the NYG was more similar to that before Eli's arrival. Eli going there was more about commercial/ endorsement opportunities.

BTW BlackSoja it's an honor to have you on this thread. Remember you from NOLA.COM boards

I'm thinking the Rams regressed after Zach Taylor got the Bengals gig. Could be a good landing spot for Burrow in Cincy IF they can fix that O-line. The Saints would have to mortgage the farm to get him. Ain't happening.

You never know could be the reverse Eli Manning Situation. Was San Diego really a horrible place to go to. More importantly I guess why would S.D try to draft him after a successful 2003 season by Brees.

I'm thinking Jimmy is using reverse Psychology. Put a good face/front. Work behind the scenes to get something done.

The Bengals being who they are think that if they get a haul of sorts then they won the day. There's a reason why the Bengals are who they are.

2003 was not a successful season by Brees. 11 TDs and 15 INTs. Drew didn't really come on until 2004..after they drafted Eli and traded him for Rivers.

I agree Burrow and his family are class acts. Manning move with S.D was premadonna. That team had Gates and L.T. It wasn't as if Eli was being Vanquished to football wasteland. In a weird irony the NYG was more similar to that before Eli's arrival. Eli going there was more about commercial/ endorsement opportunities.
I don’t think you can blame Eli for avoiding the Chargers. They had and still have terrible ownership.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom