Jimmy G to the Raiders (1 Viewer)

Similar offensive situation, but a complete opposite on defense in Vegas compared to San Fran. He won’t be winning like he did in SF unless McDaniels upgrades their defense. Same predicament as Carr had in Vegas with producing tons of scoring drives but getting killed by his own defense giving up points right back.
I agree, in theory getting Garoppolo on a cheaper deal than Carr should free them up to get some defensive help. They also have pick #7 in the draft that they can use to find a year one starter.

Whether they do it or not is another thing, the bad defense isn’t a new problem for them. They haven’t addressed it for some time.

I think Jimmy G is cheap for a reason, rather than Carr being overpriced. You don't feel good as a team/owner giving many guaranteed dollars to a player with Jimmy's injury history.
I'll take the quarter back with less health issues and question. Both are pretty good veterans. As far as price goes everyone knows how it works your gonna pay based on the market and demand. If not draft and wait a few years see how one develops.

Breaking News - Ian Rapport is reporting that QB Jimmy Garoppolo tore his rotator cuff while lifting the pen to sign his new contract with Las Vegas Raiders. He is expected to miss the majority of the 2023 season.

Unless the Raiders improve the offensive line around Jimmy G (who can’t stay healthy) it doesn’t really matter….IMO…..

Apparently 3 years, $67 million with $34 million guaranteed. Interesting.

He's played with McDaniels before, so looks like they would mesh better than Carr did there.
Wow, that's a bargain for the Raiders.

Glad it ain't us. Not sure how a team was willing to buy into him being a starter with that history. Guess that's how you get a QB making 22 mil/yr in 2023.

He would have gotten more if he could stay healthy... he's missed like 17 starts in 3 seasons (counting the ones where they tried to replace him with Lance)

People are saying this is a bargain. Well there's a reason the Raiders got a "bargain" Dude has averaged 9 games a season with the 49ers. I'd have to pull out a calculator but if you broke down his earnings vs games played I'm sure he'd be one of the highest paid QBs in the league.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom