Jimmy Graham Calls New Secondary Coach Wesley McGriff a Good Fit for Saints (1 Viewer)

Excellent. If we really have to pay Jimmy $12M to keep him, maybe he can earn it out by playing both ways. Imagine a 6-7 265 lb version of Darren Sharper . . . :ezbill:

More seriously, it's nice to read the positive feedback on McGriff; thanks.

Best quote from that. :hihi:

As excited as Graham is for McGriff’s arrival in the Crescent City, the Saints tight end offered some friendly banter to the newest Saints coach.

“I'm looking forward to seeing frustration on his face the first chance we scrimmage in the redzone,” joked Graham.

While I love the good word from Graham, I kinda take it with a grain of salt. Graham didn't play much football for one thing & what he did play wasn't spent on the defense. Maybe I'm just stating the obvious, I think his endorsement has much more to do with their connection than with Graham's knowledge of McGriff's coaching skills.

While I love the good word from Graham, I kinda take it with a grain of salt. Graham didn't play much football for one thing & what he did play wasn't spent on the defense. Maybe I'm just stating the obvious, I think his endorsement has much more to do with their connection than with Graham's knowledge of McGriff's coaching skills.

I see what you're saying.... but Graham did face McGriff's secondary in practice ALOT. Even for one season... Graham has alot of experience going against McGriff's secondary.

In that one year of collegiate action at Miami, Graham faced a Hurricane secondary led by Wesley McGriff in practice.

That's a large number of practices when you consider Spring, Summer and in-season practices.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom