Jimmy Graham could seek up to $12 million annually on his next contract (1 Viewer)

No way the titans franchise Cook at $10 million. He'll go on the open market and maybe get 5 million a year from some desperate team.

Want to know why a TE will not get tagged as a WR? Because they are a TE.

Therefore Graham will be playing for the $500k this season. Then next season he'll get tagged at $6 million. The season after that he'll get tagged again for about $7.2 million and by then we'll be talking about the 2016 season and even then his tag number would be $10.5 million if the Saints wanted to tag him again. Now you are talking the 2017 season and he'll be over 30.

Not true. Goes off where you lined up on the majority of your snaps. Suggs fought this battle a couple years ago and ended up being tagged as a DE instead of a LB based on where he took his snaps.

As far as the Cook won't set the market thing. I believe the Titans are looking for the best way to keep him around on a "prove it" type deal. He likely wouldn't sign a one year deal like that, so the tag would make the most sense (provided it's not ludicrous money).

I stopped reading when I got to Jason Cole......he can go take a long walk off a short pier right into a pond full of sharks, piranha, alligators, and crocodiles.

Jason Cole. The same guy who claimed to have seen the "Bounty Ledger" that only contained invented injuries and injuries to the other team's defense.

Yeah. I believe him.

/Sarcasm off

No one with actual links to the saints is going to be telling Jason Cole a damn thing. The man has hated all things Saints ever since we drafted Bush and stuck with long after Bush walked and loved every second of the bounty saga.

Not to mention Jimmy has never wavered in the fact that we doesn't want to play without Drew Brees as his QB, and while he absolutely deserves to be paid as a top TE, wont go the greedy route because he is, in every possible way, a good person!

People calling him greedy on the basis of a yahoo rumour is a little harsh. I doubt anyone knows what hes upto right now, let alone what his thoughts in Jared Cook are.

Y'all need to take this non story with a pinch of salt, it is that time of year again after all

Yeah I agree that Jimmy is a great athlete but he's humble and based on past interviews I think he wants to stay a Saint, now on the other hand I hate that he's still playing out his rookie contract but Loomis will hook him up sooner or later. Oh yeah I also hate these so called rumors trying to make my boy look bad.

Want to know why a TE will not get tagged as a WR? Because they are a TE.

Therefore Graham will be playing for the $500k this season. Then next season he'll get tagged at $6 million. The season after that he'll get tagged again for about $7.2 million and by then we'll be talking about the 2016 season and even then his tag number would be $10.5 million if the Saints wanted to tag him again. Now you are talking the 2017 season and he'll be over 30.

thank you.

He is a TE. Not a WR.

I really think Graham should get about 6mil a year, if you look at other players on the team that are probowlers, evans, grubbs smith, that is what they make. Drew makes more, but he is no Drew

Drew Brees has helped a lot of players earn big contracts. Graham's hands are suspect and he isn't a good blocker. We won a Super Bowl without graham. Draft his replacement and let him wak if his demands are too high.

No one with actual links to the saints is going to be telling Jason Cole a damn thing. The man has hated all things Saints ever since we drafted Bush and stuck with long after Bush walked and loved every second of the bounty saga.

Not to mention Jimmy has never wavered in the fact that we doesn't want to play without Drew Brees as his QB, and while he absolutely deserves to be paid as a top TE, wont go the greedy route because he is, in every possible way, a good person!

You know we said the same thing about Drew, not being greedy. Drew held out to get every penny he thought he deserved. We know he deserved a big contract, and he got his. Graham is a great guy but if he doesnt get what he thinks he should get, he will hold out.

He's good, but for $12,000,000/year, it's important to remember that we won a Super Bowl without him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom