Jimmy Graham could seek up to $12 million annually on his next contract (1 Viewer)

scott88

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
According to Yahoo! Sports, Jimmy Graham could seek up to $12 million annually on his next contract.

A league source tells Jason Cole that Graham is keeping a close eye on the Jared Cook case in Tennessee where he's staring at the franchise tag. The franchise number for tight ends is around $6 million, while the franchise number for a wide receiver is just north of $10 million. Cook is expected to seek the receiver money if he indeed is tagged, and it's "important" to Graham that Cook wins that fight. Both Cook and Graham line up more in the slot than on the line. Graham is entering the final year of his rookie deal, and he's due just $1.323 million.

Y! SPORTS
Saints need to intentionally line Graham up at TE next season

I Seriously hope he isn't let go dude. Seeing Graham leave would hurt. I hate those type of emotions you get in the offseason when your favorite players might leave. I can see them Franchising him but still hope he makes that deal and remains a little team friendly. But I doubt it since he is young and wants to strike it big with a bomb contract.

I Seriously hope he isn't let go dude. Seeing Graham leave would hurt. I hate those type of emotions you get in the offseason when your favorite players might leave. I can see them Franchising him but still hope he makes that deal and remains a little team friendly.

Graham isn't going anywhere and that's fact!!!! I assure you, Drew would NEVER let that happen!

12 million a year? Not even DB is worth that. If true, bye bye jimmy

I'd rather trade Graham than watch him destroy our salary cap by making $12 million a year. He should make no more than 8 million a year max.

I know we get emotionally attached to players sometimes, but the business side of football is hard to deal with sometimes.

Then I wish him luck wherever he ends up after next season. He 100% deserves to be the highest-paid TE in the game, and I hope we find a way to make that happen here. But even he isn't worth $12 million annually with our cap situation.

that $12 mill number is insane..... Graham is a HUGE matchup problem for any Def, but to put him in the price range of Drew is ridiculous.... if Graham had Sanchez throwing him the ball he would've been a nobody. i think the number should be between $5 - 7 mill per but thats still a bit much.

If I'm Loomis and he asks for 12 million I would tell him to holla at Drew.

Want to know why a TE will not get tagged as a WR? Because they are a TE.

Therefore Graham will be playing for the $500k this season. Then next season he'll get tagged at $6 million. The season after that he'll get tagged again for about $7.2 million and by then we'll be talking about the 2016 season and even then his tag number would be $10.5 million if the Saints wanted to tag him again. Now you are talking the 2017 season and he'll be over 30.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom