Jimmy Graham- Is he doing anything? (1 Viewer)

I think he made the right move for us. We have plenty of targets for Drew and they are all as efficient as JG but soooooo much cheaper.

I think he made the right move for us. We have plenty of targets for Drew and they are all as efficient as JG but soooooo much cheaper.
That's my thinking. Graham would be productive with us, but probably on par with what we're getting from Watson, maybe a little better. The chemistry wouldn't be the same as before with the new mouths we have to feed and more emphasis on running the ball.

Jimmie is hurt and probably will miss this week’s game. Oh and he still doesn’t like to block. I don’t think he really tore it up in Seattle and he obviously wasn’t in their plans for the future.

Jimmie is hurt and probably will miss this week’s game. Oh and he still doesn’t like to block. I don’t think he really tore it up in Seattle and he obviously wasn’t in their plans for the future.

Graham had his moments in Seattle with blocking and he was a decent thread in the red zone catching a number of TDs.

I don't think he exactly fit in with Seattle's offensive scheme, which has been a run-heavy offense for a while now under Carroll with Russell Wilson. Wilson is a good QB, but Lynch was the main key to that offense in their SB years. I remember them barely winning games thanks to their defense stopping teams, getting turnovers and the offense just barely doing something to put enough points on the board.

I feel like we missed him in the Red Zone vs the Giants. But i don't want to pay $10/year for a guy that doesn't like to block.

I think the only noticeable difference he'd make here is in the red zone. And I'm not even sure what our red zone % is so not sure we even need that much help.

Graham would be tearing it up here, but he went for the $$$ and at his age you really can't blame him. This is probably his last NFL contract.

Historically with Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy, Green Bay doesn't utilize their tight ends often. When was the last time anyone said "Wow, that Tight End in Green Bay is tearing it up!" ??? The answer is never. A team that in the current regime doesn't use Tight Ends in the passing game spends $10m a year on a Tight End.

You look at the disarray Green Bay is in right now, it is clear they are a team without a vision on offense. That is the biggest thing that's made Sean Payton so damn good. Every offensive player he wants and gets, he has a clearly defined purpose for them.

I had no idea he was already 32. I thought maybe 29 or so, how time flies.

We would have and I personally would like him back but way too much he was asking. But very glad we have Watson back. Hated with a passion when we didn't resigned him years ago. Watson just complimented the offense instead of being a player who wants to be the focal point.

I feel the same way, I never got all the love for JG. In most of the big games or against really good defenses they were able to make him pretty much invisible...

I had no idea he was already 32. I thought maybe 29 or so, how time flies.

Graham was a fairly old rookie (23 yrs 5 mos when drafted). This might also be a factor in his post-Saints career -- his prime years physically were spent in New Orleans. In Seattle and especially in Green Bay, he's been waning gradually from a physical standpoint (taking longer to heal and/or recover, etc.).

Graham would be tearing it up here, but he went for the $$$ and at his age you really can't blame him. This is probably his last NFL contract.

Historically with Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy, Green Bay doesn't utilize their tight ends often. When was the last time anyone said "Wow, that Tight End in Green Bay is tearing it up!" ??? The answer is never. A team that in the current regime doesn't use Tight Ends in the passing game spends $10m a year on a Tight End.

You look at the disarray Green Bay is in right now, it is clear they are a team without a vision on offense. That is the biggest thing that's made Sean Payton so damn good. Every offensive player he wants and gets, he has a clearly defined purpose for them.

So true. Green Bay never uses the TE and they don't run the ball either. It's the strangest thing. You'd think with Rodgers throwing the ball around that it would open up the field and help the run game. It doesn't. You'd think that TEs would thrive in an offense that throws the ball so much but it just hasn't happened. Jermichael Finley had a few decent years but that's it.

So that was why this signing seemed odd to me. You lose Jordy Nelson so you bring in a big money TE? Doesn't make a lot of sense but I'm glad it happened. I'm sure Jimmy would've done ok with the Saints but the production probably wouldn't have been in line with the pay.

I pretty much forgot that Graham went to Green Bay. Is he showing them anything, with another HoF QB to work with?

I was so disappointed when we got poached by GB.

Must admit our TE’s are playing so well I haven’t even thought about Jimmy.
Thankful.

So true. Green Bay never uses the TE and they don't run the ball either. It's the strangest thing. You'd think with Rodgers throwing the ball around that it would open up the field and help the run game. It doesn't. You'd think that TEs would thrive in an offense that throws the ball so much but it just hasn't happened. Jermichael Finley had a few decent years but that's it.

So that was why this signing seemed odd to me. You lose Jordy Nelson so you bring in a big money TE? Doesn't make a lot of sense but I'm glad it happened. I'm sure Jimmy would've done ok with the Saints but the production probably wouldn't have been in line with the pay.

Agreed.
I think that Aaron was upset when they let Jordy get away if memory serves.

Graham looks really slow now and for all the “TD catching machine prowess” he only has one TD in five games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom