Jimmy Graham not expected back with Packers (1 Viewer)

I know some of you won’t agree but I would love nothing more than for Jimmy and Drew to go out together with a superbowl. Of note, when you go to Jimmy’s twitter and see what tweets he has “liked” you will see the following:

72DAAEA7-49AC-4384-A536-1F79C09FA4B6.png

Last edited:
i wanted JG back before he signed with the packers. when he signed i felt that he gave us the finger. (again). I don't think he should come back.

Why? I've never heard of him saying anything bad about the Saints during that free agency period. Was he just supposed to take less money to come back to a team where half the fan base is holding a grudge anyway and he was putting up the best receiver numbers on that same team just to have to settle for TE franchise tag money?

i wanted JG back before he signed with the packers. when he signed i felt that he gave us the finger. (again). I don't think he should come back.

It is pretty well known by now that Jimmy Graham was literally in the process of packing his things to move back to New Orleans when he got an unexpected call from Green Bay with a better offer at the last minute just before the official start of free agency (when I say literally, I mean literally). He didn't give the Saints the finger; he just simply decided to chase the money, and I honestly can't fault him for that.

Why? I've never heard of him saying anything bad about the Saints during that free agency period. Was he just supposed to take less money to come back to a team where half the fan base is holding a grudge anyway and he was putting up the best receiver numbers on that same team just to have to settle for TE franchise tag money?
He said plenty after the trade to Seattle.

Let's just get younger at the position through the draft.

He said plenty after the trade to Seattle.

Listen, I think Jimmy had reasons to be hurt after the trade. But time heals, specially between friends.

Jimmy should realize how good he had it in New Orleans.

Now, I am not sure that at this stage, Jimmy is what we would need. I think we need a better all-around tight end. Cook has taken Jimmy's place exceptionally well.

Just in case...

giphy.gif

Listen, I think Jimmy had reasons to be hurt after the trade. But time heals, specially between friends.

Jimmy should realize how good he had it in New Orleans.

Now, I am not sure that at this stage, Jimmy is what we would need. I think we need a better all-around tight end. Cook has taken Jimmy's place exceptionally well.
I agree time does heal all wounds and I'm sure he took the trade way too personally. He probably regrets some of what he said as well. Hopefully the olive branch is extended after he retires and hes put in the ring of honor. As far as a return to playing for this team I don't think an aging TE with diminishing skills is what we need for our limited cap.

racing around to come up behind you again. the sun is the same in a relative way but you are older. shorter of breath and one day closer to death. every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the the time, plans that either come to naught or a half a page of scribbled lines. hanging on in quiet desperation is the Saints way.

Jimmy was great when he was here but now he’s 33 and been on the down slope. I’d much rather find some younger guys who will be much cheaper.

I think Stephen Sullivan is a good Jimmy Graham replacement.
6’5” 248lbs
4.66 40, 35 3/8arms, 10 1/8 hands, 85 1/8 wingspan, 36.5 vertical, 123’ broad jump.

Not the best blocker but willing (same as Jimmy), very athletic and fluid running routes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom