Jimmy Graham not happy in GB with his stats (1 Viewer)

Jimmy passed on his chance to go into the HOF coming back would have put him there

Yea lots of sour grapes and hating on him in here. He didn't choose to leave the first go round. And second, even with his injured thumb, his numbers are still way better than anything we throwing out there at te.....

truth. I will never understand the Jimmy hate. one of the best Saints ever to suit up when he was here. his departure was not his call and you can't blame him for choosing the best offer on the downslope of his career. how anyone can hate on him is beyond me.

They signed him for three years but they have a potential out after this season and could save some cap space. Saints desperately need a solid TE. I doubt it'll happen... I got my hopes up last year... But it would be nice to bring him back and I think he would do way better in New Orleans than Green Bay.

For the life of me, I can't believe there are still folks that want to have this guy as a Saint again. Thank god we didn't grossly overpay for a rapidly declining TE like GB did, who disappears against the better defenses and is a total liability in the running game....Thank god the Saints front office made a brilliant trade that brought us Max Unger which IMO began our offensive line's resurgence....My god people....

I’ll never forget. His second year at training camp he signed a jersey for me. I asked him if he misses Shockey and he said every day.

The year after his big contract I asked him to sign my jersey and he said he can’t sign those.

Meanwhile I’ve seen brees sign a diaper before and stays way after practice to sign for his fans and even had security open the barricade to sign for handicap people much less have to be dragged away by the staff. Brees lights up signing for military people. So jimmy can kiss my grits. I’m glad he’s gone. Max unger is a huge upgrade. And Ben Watson embodies what a Saint truly is.

For the life of me, I can't believe there are still folks that want to have this guy as a Saint again. Thank god we didn't grossly overpay for a rapidly declining TE like GB did, who disappears against the better defenses and is a total liability in the running game....Thank god the Saints front office made a brilliant trade that brought us Max Unger which IMO began our offensive line's resurgence....My god people....

In all honesty, the trade would have been brilliant if we had put to good use that 1st rounder instead of drafting a bust. So the trade amounts to us sending out a te on a HOF trajectory in our offense for a center that hasn't made the probowl while on our roster. That's brilliant? I don't think so. Not to mention the cap penalties we incurred b/c of said trade.

And people might want hm back after watching what we been throwing out there at te since he left. A 50 year old Ben Watson and butter fingers Fleener who we paid almost the same as Graham. Yea brilliant moves....

He played out the deal the Saints signed him at with Seattle then got the same average per year for three more years from Green Bay.

So no.

Gotcha sucks for him then. Maybe he should have accepted what we offered at the time because it because of brees he had the number he had.

In all honesty, the trade would have been brilliant if we had put to good use that 1st rounder instead of drafting a bust. So the trade amounts to us sending out a te on a HOF trajectory in our offense for a center that hasn't made the probowl while on our roster. That's brilliant? I don't think so. Not to mention the cap penalties we incurred b/c of said trade.

And people might want hm back after watching what we been throwing out there at te since he left. A 50 year old Ben Watson and butter fingers Fleener who we paid almost the same as Graham. Yea brilliant moves....

Unger has been solid since coming over to the Saints. I don't think anyone here can deny that. Well worth it imo. I would have liked to keep JG when it was going on, but we got the better end of that deal, no question.

Are people really still pining for the Jimmy Graham of 5 years ago? He's a phantasm, a ghost, a spectre, because the JG who's playing now is not that guy, not even close.

The inability to separate past from present in the eyes of so many fans is a continual disappointment. As always, father time is and remains undefeated.

Have you watched the improvement of our offensive line over the last few years? Do you know Unger makes all the line calls? Do you really think the probowl means anything at all?

People might want him back, but that doesn't mean we grossly overpay (like we did for Fleener) for an overrated, past his prime, run game liability TE...

I think while we have made better personnel decisions since Ireland has been here, we have had 2 good luck situations in the past 2 years:

1) SF took Reuben Foster before we could draft him and we wind up with arguably the best RT in the NFL.
2) GB out morons us and offers even more for Graham....

Can you blame him really?

He went from having a humble team leader QB in both Brees and Wilson and now has to play for a spoiled baby who got his coach fired when things weren't going his way. The mask is off with Rodgers and everyone sees him for what he really is. Former players have been criticizing Rodgers for years for his lack of leadership skills and an inflated ego, now everyone is finally realizing that Gregg Jennings, Jermichael Finley, Donald Driver and even Jeff Saturday were correct. I'd bet money that Favre realized he was a narcissistic back in 2005 when he said he wasn't going to mentor him (remembering how Rodgers pouted over falling in the draft). The only people still defending him are Packers fans who will always be loyal to him (and even then, you have a lot of Packers fans who do not like him and have been heavily critical of him the past few years).

I don't have any ill feelings towards Graham. What's in the past is in the past and we should move on. I don't miss the old offense with him, cause he was Brees #1 target. When we moved on from Graham, the offense changed and Brees started spreading the ball around more before we fixated on this run-heavy offense we've had the last two years.

Graham would do better in our offense though than Green Bay. Brees would give him chances and we would know how to use him. All you got in Green Bay is a QB who leads the league in a record number of throwaways to protect his TD/INT ratio, and breaks down, extending plays for no other reason than to force bombs down field for highlight reels.

Unger has been solid since coming over to the Saints. I don't think anyone here can deny that. Well worth it imo. I would have liked to keep JG when it was going on, but we got the better end of that deal, no question.

I agree, Unger has been a solid player. But to say we easily won the trade by losing an all pro, possibly HOF player in his prime that was no doubt seen as the second best player at his position in the entire NFL for a 'solid' center that's more like top ten at his position is ludicrous. Especially when u consider the cost to replace him (Fleener).

I woulda preferred to keep Graham and sign the top available center at the time in Rodney Hudson. He wouldn't have cost much more than what we paid Fleener and he was considered a better center than Unger.....

Have you watched the improvement of our offensive line over the last few years? Do you know Unger makes all the line calls? Do you really think the probowl means anything at all?

People might want him back, but that doesn't mean we grossly overpay (like we did for Fleener) for an overrated, past his prime, run game liability TE...

I think while we have made better personnel decisions since Ireland has been here, we have had 2 good luck situations in the past 2 years:

1) SF took Reuben Foster before we could draft him and we wind up with arguably the best RT in the NFL.
2) GB out morons us and offers even more for Graham....

Part of the improvement in our offensive line has been paying a boat load of money for Warford, the drastic improvement of Peat and drafting Ramz. It's not jus all Unger. There's been a few games he got manhandled this year.

But I agree, I did want Graham back this offseason, but no where near what GB gave him. I was thinking 6-7 mill a year. Said it in the Grahsm thread. So our front office was very wise on that account. Jus wish there was a way we could get Brate back on this team. He'd be a perfect fit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom