Jimmy Graham to the Bears (Overpaid) (1 Viewer)

He's under contract for 2020 at $1.27M. I send them a late round or 2021 late round pick for him. TEs develop late and aren't in their prime until 26-28 and he is 26 and will be 27 this season.
That and having Trubisky and Glennon as the Qbs you have played with is not a great recipe for success.

Agree to a good extent. Payton schemed him to be a mismatch constantly, and Brees put the ball where only he could catch it. However, Graham in his prime and before injuries was just a nightmare for defenses with his crazy combination of size and speed. It wasn't all Payton and Brees, but he definitely benefited greatly from our offense. I wish him well wherever he's at. I'm not sour at the guy like some are.
I'm not sour at him either... I'm not a fan of how he handled free agency and his comments when he left but I'm not sour. I just think that even in his prime he wouldn't have been who he was without drew and Payton.

I'm not sour at him either... I'm not a fan of how he handled free agency and his comments when he left but I'm not sour. I just think that even in his prime he wouldn't have been who he was without drew and Payton.

I agree, and I think a lot of it is the way Payton lined him up, many times as a receiver. So, even though I didn't want us to pay him "WR money", I can understand he and his agent's argument to an extent. I can also understand why he was upset, as he stated several times he wanted to be a Saint for life, and was traded out of the blue. It all worked out. He would have had a better career had he stayed here, for sure. I'm sure he knows that and maybe wouldn't have fought so hard for the hugest contract he could get, but who knows?

There will be wholesale changes to this front office and coaching staff next offseason. Ryan Pace thinks that he’s getting old Jimmy.

So far in his career, Graham had the fortune of catching passes from Drew Brees, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers. He now will have the misfortune of playing with Mitch Trubisky(or maybe Nick Foles or Andy Dalton) . Good luck with that JG.

That’s definitely too much money, but look at GB/Aaron Rodgers TE stats over the years.

I wasn’t rooting for him to return to the saints this year. I don’t see the need. I think if there was an opening and he came back he could be effective though. He just fits this offense.

He'll probably catch around 30-35 passes and maybe 4 or 5 TD's with Trubisky throwing at him. I said throwing at him because that's what Trubisky does...............................he throws at his receivers and not to them.

I'm happy that the Bears grossly overpaid for him...................................I didn't want him back!!

He'll probably catch around 30-35 passes and maybe 4 or 5 TD's with Trubisky throwing at him.
Dang those are better numbers than he just put up the last two seasons with Green Bay.

Going to be interesting watching Trubisky air-mailing Jimmy, and Jimmy alligator arming those sky mailed passes over the middle.

Didn't they just give pretty big money too Trey Burton. Jimmy can still be a red zone threat and he's a big body on 3rd downs but, huge but, he can't block and he has no exploviness any more in my opinion the Bears can have him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom