Jimmy Graham...... (1 Viewer)

That quad tendon injury is one of the hardest to come back from, he'll never be 100% of what he was.

LOL at the people acting like they are glad Jimmy Graham is gone and they wouldn't want him back.

Agreed. We are so much better without him. I will say that I couldn't even imagine us without a quality center. If I had to choose,I'd probably take Unger. It was a position of necessity.

Y'all have sour grapes. Jimmy Graham was a monster for the Saints, brought passion to the team and made the games fun to watch. He was our guy that we drafted and developed into a pro bowler, then they made a decision to trade him supposedly out of desperation to improve the defense. Obtained a first round pick to draft Anthony, who by the way played 1 snap yesterday. Yes, what a brilliant trade.

Y'all have sour grapes. Jimmy Graham was a monster for the Saints, brought passion to the team and made the games fun to watch. He was our guy that we drafted and developed into a pro bowler, then they made a decision to trade him supposedly out of desperation to improve the defense. Obtained a their first round pick to draft Anthony, who by the way played 1 snap yesterday. Yes, what a brilliant trade.

LombardiGras, I'm not sour about the trade. In fact, I was happy of what we had in return.

I'm not discrediting that Jimmy Graham did not have his best seasons with us, but do you agree for a "TE" he was a below average blocker, and we were predictable on offense because he rather catch than block? I mean when Graham was on the field, teams and most fans knew we were passing, and not running to Graham's side. Moreover, when we ran to Graham's side the defense blew up the play because of his whiffs at blocking which was frustrating and one-dimensional.

Yes, Graham brought excitement to the game, so did Reggie Bush. With Bush, the defense knew he was catching passes out of the backfield, or being used as a decoy to open the play-action pass. When Bush ran the ball, it was rarely up the middle because he rather attempt to out run the defense to the sideline. Predictable?

The Saints didn't made a decision to trade Graham to desperately improve the defense because if so we would have traded our "Pro Bowler" for a Legion of Boom player on defense, vice a "Center" to improve the offense for stability. There is no way the Saints said we'll trade Graham for a defensive player in the draft. Coincidentally, the Saints used Seattle's 1st round pick to draft Anthony because of the grade they had on him.

However, that is always not the case because why did we draft Peat when we should have clearly drafted a defensive player when we selected him? Again, with Anthony, it was just a coincidence, but I like the pick.

As I have said before forgiveness is a virtue and while Jimmy did leave here with some bad blood I would welcome him back with open arms.

You people need to let this go. Jimmy Graham is gone.

And as long as Payton is our coach, he's almost certainly never coming back.

I was told coach Payton took him to a farm where he could run and play with other Jimmy Grahams.

Wait... maybe that was my old dog, Skeeter.

Who is this Jimmy Graham? The basketball player?

While I loved the years JG was the weapon in the Offense...I cannot sanction his return. Business or no, overpaying for a fragile/temperamental/free-agent TE would be a mistake. Seek out WR weapons like Henderson/Mitchell/Colston/Moore/etc...not superstars but good hands guys who get the job done.

We've only got maybe 2 yrs left (max) with Mr Brees...lets stop wasting them.

I wish we could draft a young Greg Olsen. I think he's currently the best all-around TE in the game. Just think of what Brees would do with him.

Remember when Saints fans claimed victory after the Jimmy Graham trade because they got a guy Seattle was going to cut and a first round draft pick linebacker who sits the bench on a terrible defense?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom