Jindal already out? (1 Viewer)

That's solid writing right there. Hey, let's just say the same thing twice to take up some space. :hihi:

You made a great observation.

Your observation was great.

No Jindal this time around.

After McCain loses to Obama I expect to see a Petraeus/Jindal ticket in 2012. Jindal will be sworn in as President in January of 2021.

You heard it here first.

Channel 6 had this as their top story last night. I realize it's pure speculation at this point.

But if Jindal took ANY job offer less than six months after being elected governor, he might as well resign from politics for life as far as I'm concerned.

It would indicate to me that he is not at all interested in helping his home state; he's only interested in his political future.

Now, if he wants to be part of something at the national level after serving the people of this state for the time he signed on for, that's his choice.

It'll never happen and it's probably logistically impossible, but there ought to be a legal prohibition for seeking other political positions (elected or not) when you haven't completed your current term. Of course, that disqualifies just about every major candidate for the presidency in every election. But the spirit of public service suggests that one should advance the public's welfare, not his or her career ambitions.

he could do a lot more help from a position as VP than he could as governor. We have lost livingston and vitter. we need someone powerful in washington. if this ever happened, which i doubt it will, it would be a huge boon for the state. you need to think long term.

and by lost vitter i mean he's lost a lot of his cred w/washington.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom