Jindal appoints 7 to Stadium Panel (1 Viewer)

stan

Very Banned
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted: http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/14627987.html

"Forman said Monday he and the rest of the commission would meet during the next few days to get caught up on past negotiations with the New Orleans Saints, a privately owned professional football team. Though early in the process, the Saints management has indicated it wants to continue upgrading the Superdome’s facilities, he said. But long-term, Foreman said, the state may need to look at building a new stadium."

Thanks for the post. Hopefully, something concrete and long term comes from it.

this will be key not only for obviously locking up the Saints long term, but also getting back into the Super Bowl rotation.

Amazingly refreshing news. Not only a governor that agrees that the state needs to keep the Saints here, but one who is doing something about it.

If we can nail down a long term deal and get the state out of paying the saints long term, Eventually get a new state of the art stadium probably in 2020 to help get us back in the Superbowl running that will put Jindal on the map.

I don't think any upgrades ot the dome will make a difference, the league made it clear they are only interested in New stadiums for they're beloved superbowls

i hope he does the same with the hornets. i dont wanna lose either team...

I don't think any upgrades ot the dome will make a difference, the league made it clear they are only interested in New stadiums for they're beloved superbowls

I know that you are right, but I still don't get this logic. While new stadiums are nice and all, I can't fathom any other home for the Saints other than the beloved Dome! With the right renovations, I don't see why people are so closed-minded that it's a new stadium or bust. The dome is in the best possible location in our city, downtown. Sure it's a big negative that there are no tail-gating areas, but no other city is like New Orleans in that respect... our whole city is a tail gating area 24/7. I love the fact that I can drive an hour (from Houma), get a room, go party, walk to the game, then walk back to go party some more. That's just sometimes, others I don't mind driving the hour. I also like the idea that parking is basically for free down there, at least for those of us who know the area and don't mind walking a few blocks.I don't know, I would just like to see a completely up-to-date dome, both esthetically and technologically. That's just me.

the only other location that should be considered is where the old twiropa building is located. you could do a kick *** stadium there that would revitalize that area and add some great tail gating spots. there is certainly enough room and it would work well with all of the things proposed/in motion that will happen along the river. it could also act as the kick start that the new orleans reniassance needs...

the only other location that should be considered is where the old twiropa building is located. you could do a kick *** stadium there that would revitalize that area and add some great tail gating spots. there is certainly enough room and it would work well with all of the things proposed/in motion that will happen along the river. it could also act as the kick start that the new orleans reniassance needs...

Not to get on this subject because it's early but that's a location that I think is excellent. I also think is just as good as the current location. Originally I think that was one of the proposed sites but the convention center group(I think it was) was very vocal against it because it would cut into the expansion part they were planning on adding(in early 2000's), not sure what they'll say now but I have to think that overall that would help that area out even more(since they've added those apartments and a Wal mart etc) and that they might be on board this time if both sides can work something out.

Good to see Jindal going on the offensive with this. Hope we can get some deals done.

As to Superbowls only going to new stadiums, if you ask any sportswriter,etc. who does the best job of hosting Superbowls, it's New Orleans. Plus, it's in a dome, so no bad weather. I hope we can get another one in a couple of years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom