Jindal: State will honor deals with Saints, Hornets (1 Viewer)

Thank God Blanc-Stare is out of office.

Screw 'em. Rural areas always pay the least taxes and get the most in return. We pave all their desolate country roads so they can drive off to the middle of nowhere to get drunk and fire hunting rifles at each other. If they don't like the NFL they can move to Russia and see how Putin treats them. This is America, the NFL is what makes America great, not the inbred home brewers of hard drink who reject the NFL in favor of scripted wrestling and cow tipping.

I hope that Jindal can improve the situation with pro teams. I absolutely distrust him on everything else, but I think the one good thing about him is that he is not in the pocket of the America-hating hunters in northern louisiana who want to destroy civilized organized sport in the state.

Ooh, ooh! Can I play!?!?!?!?

There are so many ways to shoot this down, but it's not really worth it because you obviously have your mind made up about Northern Louisiana. It blows my mind that someone who has figured out how to use a web browser believes that his fellow citizens who prefer to live in areas that are not congested with people and traffic, have houses greater than feet feet apart, enjoy growing or hunting some of their own food, and paying less taxes are somehow less intelligent than someone who prefers to fight traffic for hours a day, live shoulder to shoulder with people, prefer to pay inflated prices for all of their food and are taxed out the wazoo for services they may never use.

Really?

Who would want to live in rural areas where there's no governmental oversight to run your life?

Why bother pointing out that it was a Northern Louisiana Governor who brought the state together to convince the voters that building the Superdome was a good idea? Why bother pointing out that it was Northern Louisiana businessmen who began scrambling together to visit the possibility of purchasing the Saints franchise from Benson to prevent them from being moved to San Antonio? Why bother pointing out it's the metropolitan areas who give the state such a horrible reputation regarding education, crime, etc?

I can only hope that one day you have the opportunity to make your feelings known eye to eye with an inbred, cow tipping hunter from North Louisiana who has to listen to what a horrible state he lives in because people in metro areas can't stop killing each other because of stupid disagreements, rely on social services to provide for so much of their livelihood and then complain about the choices that they have made which created the situations in which they live?

Stereo-typing is fun!

Last edited:
There are so many ways to shoot this down, but it's not really worth it because you obviously have your mind made up about Northern Louisiana.

Why bother pointing out that it was a Northern Louisiana Governor who brought the state together to convince the voters that building the Superdome was a good idea?

Why bother pointing out that it was Northern Louisiana businessmen who began scrambling together to visit the possibility of purchasing the Saints franchise from Benson to prevent them from being moved to San Antonio?

Why bother pointing out it's the metropolitan areas who give the state such a horrible reputation regarding education, crime, etc?

I can only hope that one day you have the opportunity to make your feelings known eye to eye with an inbred, cow tipping hunter from North Louisiana...

:17:

I've lived all over the state in the past 10 years. Grew up in Lafayette, college in New Orleans, and medical school in Shreveport...

That being said: North Louisiana isn't quite as bad as its made out to be, and there are a decent amount of Saints fans up here. New Orleans (proper), to me, is almost undeniably a bad place to live. The dangers are close to outweighing the benefits...and when I chose Shreveport over New Orleans, it wasn't based on cirriculum, it was based on safety, cost of living, and common sense.

Now with all of that being said, I plan on moving back to Lafayette to practice medicine...driving to Saints games with me future family....and occasionally hunting in North Louisiana.

Basically Lafayette is better than New Orleans and Shreveport....no real other moral to the story, besides there isn't any reason to bash the rest of our state. And I'm not really sure why there's such a divide ...seems silly to me.

Thank God Blanc-Stare is out of office.

Jindal is paying the Saints, just like Blanc-stare paid them...

There really isnt any news here.

What is news is that Gov. Jindal hasnt announced a new deal and stadium yet, which if anyone could do it, he can. That is the long term solution, otherwise, this is just playing tiddally winks.

I've lived all over the state in the past 10 years. Grew up in Lafayette, college in New Orleans, and medical school in Shreveport...

That being said: North Louisiana isn't quite as bad as its made out to be, and there are a decent amount of Saints fans up here. New Orleans (proper), to me, is almost undeniably a bad place to live. The dangers are close to outweighing the benefits...and when I chose Shreveport over New Orleans, it wasn't based on cirriculum, it was based on safety, cost of living, and common sense.

Now with all of that being said, I plan on moving back to Lafayette to practice medicine...driving to Saints games with me future family....and occasionally hunting in North Louisiana.

Basically Lafayette is better than New Orleans and Shreveport....no real other moral to the story, besides there isn't any reason to bash the rest of our state. And I'm not really sure why there's such a divide ...seems silly to me.

There is no divide until the unjustified northward pointed insults start flying.

There are so many ways to shoot this down, but it's not really worth it because you obviously have your mind made up about Northern Louisiana.

Why bother pointing out that it was a Northern Louisiana Governor who brought the state together to convince the voters that building the Superdome was a good idea?

Why bother pointing out that it was Northern Louisiana businessmen who began scrambling together to visit the possibility of purchasing the Saints franchise from Benson to prevent them from being moved to San Antonio?

Why bother pointing out it's the metropolitan areas who give the state such a horrible reputation regarding education, crime, etc?

I can only hope that one day you have the opportunity to make your feelings known eye to eye with an inbred, cow tipping hunter from North Louisiana...

owned73.gif

If you asked 1,000 people if Lafyatte is better than New Orleans, the only people that would say Lafayette are those that live there. New Orleans is known across the world....Lafayette is barely known across the South.

Also, I don't get the common sense comment? If you care about Art, Night scene, culture and the like New Orleans is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lafayette.

Sorry....it's not close.

If you only care about safety, then I could see a point.

If you asked 1,000 people if Lafyatte is better than New Orleans, the only people that would say Lafayette are those that live there. New Orleans is known across the world....Lafayette is barely known across the South.

Also, I don't get the common sense comment? If you care about Art, Night scene, culture and the like New Orleans is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lafayette.

Sorry....it's not close.

If you only care about safety, then I could see a point.

Better in what ways?

Education (check) (check), Economy (check) (check) (check), Crime (check) (check) (check) (check)...

Highest median income in the state....only city to show consecutive growth over the past 10 years in the state (i think, but something to that effect)

Its 130 miles away from New Orleans...I drive 80, 130/80 = 1 hr 45 min.

Art, Night Scene, Culture....one day, I'm going to be a grown up, and that stuff will matter to me on the weekends...when I drive to New Orleans.

Don't get me wrong, I lived in New Orleans and loved it for the 4 years I was there. But I wouldn't raise my family there.

Oh, and the common sense thing was more based on my education...why would I want to go to school in a city with out a real working teaching hospital?

Screw 'em. Rural areas always pay the least taxes and get the most in return. We pave all their desolate country roads so they can drive off to the middle of nowhere to get drunk and fire hunting rifles at eachother. If they don't like the NFL they can move to Russia and see how Putin treats them. This is America, the NFL is what makes America great, not the inbred home brewers of hard drink who reject the NFL in favor of scripted wrestling and cow tipping.

I hope that Jindal can improve the situation with pro teams. I absolutely distrust him on everything else, but I think the one good thing about him is that he is not in the pocket of the America-hating hunters in northern louisiana who want to destroy civilized organized sport in the state.

Who p*ss*d in your cereal this morning?

Better in what ways?

Education (check) (check), Economy (check) (check) (check), Crime (check) (check) (check) (check)...

Highest median income in the state....only city to show consecutive growth over the past 10 years in the state (i think, but something to that effect)

Its 130 miles away from New Orleans...I drive 80, 130/80 = 1 hr 45 min.

Art, Night Scene, Culture....one day, I'm going to be a grown up, and that stuff will matter to me on the weekends...when I drive to New Orleans.

Don't get me wrong, I lived in New Orleans and loved it for the 4 years I was there. But I wouldn't raise my family there.

This shows your priorities...there's nothing wrong with either view, but I think you belittle some for liking the life New Orleans gives based on your "older person, family value" view.

In my life and plenty of people's, culture, art, night life, city living are higher priorities than the crime rate. My wife and I love city life and we accept the fact the nowheresville USA has a better crime rate and better public schools.

I'm not poo-pooing your expectations of how you want to live your life, so I don't think you should do that to anyone else's.

Oh, and the common sense thing was more based on my education...why would I want to go to school in a city with out a real working teaching hospital?

ok...that was not clear in your first post.

once NOLA gets 35% of the state budget allocated to her, I will be happy. of course NOLA accounts for 41% of the budget, so think of it as a deal...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom