Jindal: State will honor deals with Saints, Hornets (1 Viewer)

muzzy

Explosive
Reaction score
Jindal: State will honor deals with Saints, Hornets

09:54 PM CDT on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WWLTV.com

The State of Louisiana will honor its deals with the Saints and Hornets by finding money to pay the nearly $6 million owed the two franchises this year and the estimated $20 million for next year, Governor Bobby Jindal said Wednesday.

Rest of article: http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/wwl041608tpjindalhonor.6f589cf6.html

Cool. Not that I'm worried for the short term future of the Saints in NO. Long term, different story unfortunately.

was there any doubt? the saints and hawnits are here to stay...

A lot of people in North Louisiana will be ****** about this... But screw 'em, I'm thrilled. :9:

Screw 'em. Rural areas always pay the least taxes and get the most in return. We pave all their desolate country roads so they can drive off to the middle of nowhere to get drunk and fire hunting rifles at eachother. If they don't like the NFL they can move to Russia and see how Putin treats them. This is America, the NFL is what makes America great, not the inbred home brewers of hard drink who reject the NFL in favor of scripted wrestling and cow tipping.

I hope that Jindal can improve the situation with pro teams. I absolutely distrust him on everything else, but I think the one good thing about him is that he is not in the pocket of the America-hating hunters in northern louisiana who want to destroy civilized organized sport in the state.

Great News!! If Jindal would simply ask "most" former LA politicians to "return" 10% of the money that "jumped" into their pockets during their tenure as a thief, I mean a LA politician, the Saints and Hornets would be set for decades to come. Lot's of "jumpy" money in LA. :) Jindal is the man!!! Fantastic job, those of you who voted for him!!!

Screw 'em. Rural areas always pay the least taxes and get the most in return. We pave all their desolate country roads so they can drive off to the middle of nowhere to get drunk and fire hunting rifles at eachother. If they don't like the NFL they can move to Russia and see how Putin treats them. This is America, the NFL is what makes America great, not the inbred home brewers of hard drink who reject the NFL in favor of scripted wrestling and cow tipping.

I hope that Jindal can improve the situation with pro teams. I absolutely distrust him on everything else, but I think the one good thing about him is that he is not in the pocket of the America-hating hunters in northern louisiana who want to destroy civilized organized sport in the state.

Totally unnecessary post. Really. Immature, simplistic stereotype.

Additional note: if we lose the Saints, a large reason for it will be knucklehead attitudes like yours. Alienating and insulting a large potential fan base is not the way to support your team. Thank you, come again.

A lot of people in North Louisiana will be ****** about this... But screw 'em, I'm thrilled. :9:

I don't know why they would be. Even if they HATE the Saints and WANT them to move, this is simply a matter of the state honoring its contract....

the problem is there is no 'new' deal.. this is more of the same.. every year it's 'we don't have the money!!! oh wait.. we found it!!!' just wait until the contract expires.. then tell me how safe the saints are.

Last time I checked, the majority of our country roads are paid for, mainly, by the good ole USA. You've seen the signs...State: 127.32 Federal: 12,374,652. And the state has been dumping millons a year to keep NOLA afloat...and I mean millions for many years. So don't act like you guys do so much for our state...you guys just keep electing these ignorant ***, crooked S. Louisiana politicians..and we don't have enough votes to stop it. To sum it all up...IF THE SAINTS LEAVE...I WILL NOT WATCH THE NFL ANYMORE!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom