Jindal will run for Gov (1 Viewer)

I don't know much about LA politics, seeing as how I haven't lived there in years. But, to get businesses there, follow Alabama's plan. Just give them land, tax free for many years, and create thousands of jobs. In the past few years, Bama has landed a Mercedes plant, a Honda plant, a Hyundia plant, you get the point.

Some people complain that they don't have to pay certain taxes, but who cares. They are generating literally billions of dollars for this state, and thousands of jobs. We gave them land noone was using, the Mercedes plant, which is still growing, is inbetween Tuscaloosa and Birmingham, where nothing really exists, but is still close to a large city, and a medium dump of a city (War Eagle!).

Here are some stats:

http://www.aama.to/pressstudy.asp

Ted, Jindal has swung to the right, but how much of that is Jindal and how much of that is Congressional and national politics. It seems that the nature of national politics is to encourage the extreme in rhetoric, if not in voting, whereas state and local governance requires a pragmatic approach.

In the last campaign, I was highly critical of the social issue advertisements Jindal ran, but the runoff election results showed sadly the reason Jindal had been throwing the red meat to conservative voters north of I-10. Randy Ewing ran a responsible campaign emphasizing economic development and job creation, and look how he fared.

By the way, who is the surprise candidate?

>>"Don't blame me, I voted for Jindal"

Worst bumper sticker. Ever. Typical sour grapes from the party that sponsors the worst is negative campaigning. Blame me, I voted for Bobby. And then I voted for him again. Then I voted for the Libertarian. If he doesn't run as an arch-conservative, I'll vote for him one more time. But I will wait to see whether or not Governor Blanco is able to land some of the massive manufacturing projects and the refinery. If that refinery is a go, it doesn't matter who is governor, the state is immediately the better for it.

TPS

If La. gets any of the 3 big ones-Refinery, steel mill or Toyota plant I will probably vote for Blanco again. I just don't think she has done badly, besides she is now getting on the road home folks.

yeah, RJ, that's what drives me crazy about party politics and career politicians - you're always beholden to someone. And that's what's drawn me to the dark horse candidate I'm talking about. He's a successful business man (like Boasso) who's not in it to make a career out of it and can run largely self funded. He lust wants to clean some stuff up. He wants to fly low for another couple months, so I can't say who it is - sorry for the tease.

I like his approach, but like you say, real issues and reform don't seem to cut it for a campaign here.

>>Boasso

He doesn't have the "looks" to be governor. He's also somewhat self-serving in his battles with other elements of the St. Bernard contingency. He's gotten aboard the train of some politically expedient issues (levee board consolidation, condensing the assessors' offices and such), but otherwise, I haven't really seen anything he's done that was worth that much.

He's probably not a bad guy, but you never know.

As for dark-horses, I wish they still had the "covri" smiley. The last time we went that route, we got immensely popular do-nothing Governor Foster. As most people know, his candidacy was cooked up in the back rooms of the oil money players in Terrebonne and St. Mary and pimped endlessly on WWL's home-spun uber-right talk show host J.R. (glad he's not around these parts anymore). He was the outsider businessman candidate (depsite his political past and that his grandpa was Governor). He was a man of the people! Yeah, well, we see where that got us. He was a nice enough guy, but he was clueless when it came to mirroring the trend of the rest of the South. Then he went duck hunting and went to law school.

:shrug:

Please say it isn't so.

FWIW - Boasso

Boasso1.jpg

TPS

I think Jindal would be huge for the state -- I just donated to his campaign -- GO BOBBY

Bobby Jindal’s greatest hurdle is the fact that northern Louisianan’s might not feel “comfortable” voting for a man that of Indian ancestry. The tragedy is this: people on both sides of the political spectrum are sick of the corruption and partisan bickering; Jindal is a man of impeccable integrity and character. Not to mention Louisiana’s history of (lets just say) “less then upright” politicians. He is what we need at this time and place. I hope and pray that he wins.

Wow, I don't envy you guys at all, having to choose between Jindal and Blanco. I could never, ever, ever, ever vote for either of them.

Jindal is an insincere opportunistic politician whose only positive attribute is his ability to talk a good game. Good luck to the average Louisianian if he gets elected. Blanco is the true advocate for the majority of Louisianians.

Last edited:
>>Bobby Jindal’s greatest hurdle is the fact that northern Louisianan’s might not feel “comfortable” voting for a man that of Indian ancestry.

I think people will be down with the change. He almost won over a credible (up until the campaign anyway) candidate last time. He owns our district (#81) and was reelected by something like 85%. If he runs, he will win. But if Governor Blanco lands some of her projects, history will be kinder to her and help balance out our negative perceptions which emerged from the campaign/debates of 2003 and her performance during the hurricane.

:shrug:

TPS

In the last campaign, I was highly critical of the social issue advertisements Jindal ran, but the runoff election results showed sadly the reason Jindal had been throwing the red meat to conservative voters north of I-10.

Yeah those radio ads were pretty sad. What were they called the Louisiana Conservative Network broadcast or something?

Anyway, he'll win and win handily.

Jindal is an insincere opportunistic politician whose only positive attribute is his ability to talk a good game. Good luck to the average Louisianian if he gets elected. Blanco is the true advocate for the majority of Louisianians.

I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom