Jindal will run for Gov (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I guess this is news to no one. After hearing a rumor that Cong. Bobby Jindal was going to run for Governor I found this brief blog he wrote today on his website (http://www.bobbyjindal.com/pressrelease.php?ID=0000018058)

"I am not interested in playing a political blame game. I want to run for Governor for one reason and one reason alone: To rebuild Louisiana into the best state possible. The best state for education, the best state for high quality health care, the best state for high-paying jobs, and a state government with the highest of ethical standards. Will you join me today in leading the way to change?"
(Thursday, November 16, 2006)

>>"Don't blame me, I voted for Jindal"

Worst bumper sticker. Ever. Typical sour grapes from the party that sponsors the worst is negative campaigning. Blame me, I voted for Bobby. And then I voted for him again. Then I voted for the Libertarian. If he doesn't run as an arch-conservative, I'll vote for him one more time. But I will wait to see whether or not Governor Blanco is able to land some of the massive manufacturing projects and the refinery. If that refinery is a go, it doesn't matter who is governor, the state is immediately the better for it.

TPS

I'm shocked. Shocked.

Blanco's only hope is to get that refinery and something big up at that mega-site in Richland Parish (such as the Toyota manufacturing plant). I don't think the refinery will be finalized in time for the campaign. I think they were saying it would be two years.

He sent an email to his supporters yesterday letting them know that he was "thinking about it" and for them to contribute. That's an announcement. I thought that was very interesting. He's still got his thank you on his web site which states that there's "still a lot to do in Washington". He's supposed to be pushing through his oil revenue sharing plan. Who's going to pay attention to him now in Congress since he's saying "I'm outta here in a few months"? I don't understand his doing this before the new Congress. I guess he's just been raring to go. I contributed to his last gubernatorial campaign and I wish he'd run. But I'm not sure about him right now. And TPS is right - he's swung way to the right.

ps - there's going to be another candidate in the race that's going to be an interesting alternative to the two main ones.

Last edited:
He sent an email to his supporters yesterday letting them know that he was "thinking about it" and for them to contribute. That's an announcement. I thought that was very interesting. He's still got his thank you on his web site which states that there's "still a lot to do in Washington". He's supposed to be pushing through his oil revenue sharing plan. Who's going to pay attention to him now in Congress since he's saying "I'm outta here in a few months"? I don't understand his doing this before the new Congress. I guess he's just been raring to go. I contributed to his last gubernatorial campaign and I wish he'd run. But I'm not sure about him right now. And TPS is right - he's swung way to the right.

ps - there's going to be another candidate in the race that's going to be an interesting alternative to the two main ones.

Boasso (SP?)?

he's one and I love what I've heard from him, but no.

This is an early prediction but:

Boasso is going to put Blanco in the runoff and make it a very close race (if Blanco gets the economic development victories).

The Republican plan for victory should be clear after the Vitter win; beat a divided field of Democrats in the primary.

The Republicans showed an enormous amount of restraint with Vitter, but on the state level it appears they won't show that much restraint.

It will be interesting, to say the least.

I would have been more excited about this in the past. I fully support Jindal but the federal money is drying up, the state is spending everything they take in, and the opportunity for a truly new beginning in the State is waning. The next Governor will not be in postion to make as much of difference as this last term, for better or worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom