JJ and Melli traded to Mavs - Pels Keep Lonzo (more) (1 Viewer)

Dem 3s inconsistent... Here today - Gone tomorrow - Same for Defense and Free Throws... That's the point. I'll admit, I do think J. Johnson has been a pleasant surprise so far... Could be a good vet off the bench for us going forward. Lonzo is a rollercoaster... I love when he's decisive and aggressive, and hate when he's not.

Dem 3s inconsistent... Here today - Gone tomorrow - Same for Defense and Free Throws... That's the point. I'll admit, I do think J. Johnson has been a pleasant surprise so far... Could be a good vet off the bench for us going forward. Lonzo is a rollercoaster... I love when he's decisive and aggressive, and hate when he's not.

I don’t understand.

Meli has never been a high % shooter in the NBA, and even during stretches when he’s been hot, it seemed like he was scared to shoot at a high volume from 3. And Meli’s only positive trait was his shooting

And JJ Redick was not going to play another minute for us this year. Heck, he might not play much at all for Dallas.

Yet you are still complaining about getting James Johnson and a pick for them?

Talking about inconsistent 3’s and defense, but then championing JJ Reddick and Meli?

Again - Not sad or missing Meli or JJ... Sad we got nothing in return, and didn't improve 3 and D... I do like Johnson as a bench guy going forward - Pleasantly surprised on that.

This team is not going anywhere in the West until we surround our young talent with some reliable 3 and D guys, end of story. I don't care how we do it.

Again - Not sad or missing Meli or JJ... Sad we got nothing in return, and didn't improve 3 and D... I do like Johnson as a bench guy going forward - Pleasantly surprised on that.

This team is not going anywhere in the West until we surround our young talent with some reliable 3 and D guys, end of story. I don't care how we do it.

1) If the 2 qualities you are prioritizing are 3 & D, and Reddick and Meil were terrible defenders and not great from 3 (JJ was until this year, Meli never was), then why don't you consider us improved by shipping them off? Especially since neither was likely to play another minute for us.

James Johnson and a 2nd round pick already seems just as valuable as Reddick and Meli have been for us this year.

I also think you could argue addition by subtraction. With Reddick and Meli gone, there are more minutes available for NAW and Jaxson Hayes, who have been thriving the past few weeks (and might actually have a future with this team).

The Pelicans front office is far from perfect, but that's about as good of a return as you could possibly hope for when it comes to Reddick and Meli.

Every year that we don't surround Zion and BI with Lengthy 3 point shooting talent that can defend the perimeter... Is a wasted year of special talent... It's pretty simple.

Forget Meli and JJ... That wasn't the point. The point was we got rid of shooters, and we didn't improve where we need it most, and we HAD a chance to get into the playoffs...

If we want a chance to Win in the playoffs (or even get there at this point) either now on the immediate future... we need to surround our 70 or points in the paint per night... by guys that can defend and consistently hit 3s.... It's simple...

Otherwise... we are wasting another year of super talent surrounded by just enough "not to suck"... See the careers of AD and CP3... If they do that again with Zion and BI... I am forever done with this team.

(I Love our Young guys - NAW - Hayes - Lewis... They can be great bench guys for now - Get me some guys we can win with today - Not Bledsoe - Not Adams - Not hot and cold Lonzo)

And the lack of consistency defending the perimeter and having guys that can knock down open 3 consistently... Kills them again. It will be like this every other game... See-Saw team...

Hawks set NBA record shooting 11 for 11 on 3-pointers in third quarter vs. Pelicans

Lonzo Ball 4 for 14 from 3 point range.

East-leading Nets drain total of 19 three-pointers.... Pels - 6 for 27 on 3s.... wash rinse repeat.

So the turn style continues, acquire assets, lose assets the next year. They've been doing this dance for nearly 10 years now, all whilst replacing coach after coach.

So the turn style continues, acquire assets, lose assets the next year. They've been doing this dance for nearly 10 years now, all whilst replacing coach after coach.
If we could get him for $17 million or under I would be all for him but I just don't think he is worth more

Assuming we hire Green, I think it will attract free agents. Green has a really good reputation in the league. At this point we need a veteran with the attitude of a Crowder or Portis in there

Even with his flaws, I'd be P'Oed if Griff let's Ball walk when there was enough interest to move him during the season. Just dumb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom