JJ Redick trade destinations (1 Viewer)

someone

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Shams tweeted this today: https://theathletic.com/news/pelicans-jj-redick-trade-76ers-nets-celtics/mIuEEEjnKXQu

From that article:
As Feb. 2 looms as the NBA’s deadline for teams to aggregate acquired players in a trade later, the New Orleans Pelicans have focused on the Philadelphia 76ers, Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics as potential trade destinations for JJ Redick, sources tell The Athletic's Shams Charania.

Redick, whose family resides in Brooklyn, is believed to have a strong preference to return to the northeast area. No deal is imminent yet, sources said.

Griff is serious when he makes statements about treating his team like family and getting them in situations that benefit the player as much as the team. JJ will certainly get his wish to return to the Northeast. It also sounds like we're looking to get more minutes for Kira and NAW, so Lonzo will probably be on the way out soon too (I didn't include him in these or consider multi team trades). Looking at these three teams, here are my favorite trades (I'm not including any draft capital which is most certainly going to be moved one way or the other):

1) Brooklyn Nets: JJ Redick for Spencer Dinwiddie

First, his house where his family resides is in Brooklyn, so you're doing best by JJ. You get him his best chance at a championship of his entire career. For the Pels, we get a veteran leader that can help Kira and NAW without taking a single minute from them (Dinwiddie is out for the year). He's an expiring if he opts out or 1 year at around 11 million if he doesn't. If he opts in (less likely), he will also be a positive asset next year as a veteran ball handler on an expiring contract.

2) Philidelphia 76ers: JJ Redick for Tyrese Maxey, Tony Bradley, Mike Scott

This gets JJ back with Embiid, where he thrived. For the Pels, it's getting another young promising guard. Maxey played well when he got an opportunity earlier this year due to players in front of him being out due to "Health and Safety Protocols." Bradley and Scott are just salary fillers and are both on expirings.

3) Boston Celtics: JJ Redick for Grant Williams

My least favorite of the three, but if we had to do one with the Celtics, I guess Williams gives you good minutes backing up Zion. I would want the most draft capital for this trade, but JJ hasn't quite helped us with his play this year and Ainge can be difficult.

2) Philidelphia 76ers: JJ Redick for Tyrese Maxey, Tony Bradley, Mike Scott

You think the 76ers will trade Maxey for old man Redick? You're out of your mind.

I literally said I'm not including draft capital with these deals. With that said, you don't know where Philly's head's at. They're trying to win now and if they feel they need another spacer for that, then we have the leverage.

I literally said I'm not including draft capital with these deals. With that said, you don't know where Philly's head's at. They're trying to win now and if they feel they need another spacer for that, then we have the leverage.
Absolutely no way Philly includes Maxey. Best case scenario may be Scott, Ferguson and Korkmaz, with Scott being bought out afterwards. Having said that, not sure the 76ers would trade for him and instead wait to see if he gets bought out. Celtics seem to make the most sense with the TPE they have. However, they would likely only give up a 2nd or 2 for him. We seems to be limiting ourselves too much trying to meet his wants. Should do what is best for the team, not JJ.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom