Job Opening : Oracle Programmer (1 Viewer)

don't know if possible for doing what you'r doing, taygolf, and sorry for the threadjack..
but a thought i have , for eliminating the "popup" is put div, and set to visible and non-visible with the controller. Not sure how java handles this.. but I know doing it in .net is a snap with the codebehind page and events. Heck, i set whether something comes up or not, or if selections avail or not per query result from the database.

don't know if possible for doing what you'r doing, taygolf, and sorry for the threadjack..
but a thought i have , for eliminating the "popup" is put div, and set to visible and non-visible with the controller. Not sure how java handles this.. but I know doing it in .net is a snap with the codebehind page and events. Heck, i set whether something comes up or not, or if selections avail or not per query result from the database.

Funny you mention that. That is exactly what I am doing now. I have a div with a modal window in it and I am using ajax to refresh that section of the page once new data has been submitted. I just was not doing any of that with JSP because I have never done it before so I was just creating a new popup window with javascript and passing the data back to the parent page with javascript as well.

I love programming for this very reason. You never know what a new project will allow you to learn. I learn new things every day and it is awesome. It really keeps me from getting bored with work which keeps me interested and wanting to come to work!

No need to apologize for the threadjack.

I'm enjoying the conversation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom