Question Job question (1 Viewer)

Wow, that's quite a development! The new project is certain to go? That's cool you got them to pony up on the other guys. Have you made a final decision yet? Not that you have to tonight - enjoy your tequila!
I’m at a point in my life I honestly don’t care anymore…I honestly don’t give damn. I told him to his face they can afford the raise, especially if the other company can pay me more. I literally told him I don’t care about the corporate profit margins, this is about ME…I said I understand how all this works, I’m too old for this BS now I know how it all works. I’m not 25, I’m 49 who’s industry was just shut down. I’m old, tired and honestly don’t give a fc….

I left my company for a 50% raise. I wasn't "the guy", but I was "the guy in waiting". I.e. #2.

As much as I didn't like how cheap they were being with me, I really hated how cheap they were with others.

In my last few days, I even learned I was making more than my boss. Further reinforces that I should have been reporting to her boss.... and how cut throat they are. I get that my skillset was worth more to them, but she was still a manager, for 15 years.

Found out the guy under me got a decent raise. Also found out my director threw out his back... they're gonna miss me now....

To their credit, they tried to match. But they needed to beat it, and fix some big issues.

I left my company for a 50% raise. I wasn't "the guy", but I was "the guy in waiting". I.e. #2.

As much as I didn't like how cheap they were being with me, I really hated how cheap they were with others.

In my last few days, I even learned I was making more than my boss. Further reinforces that I should have been reporting to her boss.... and how cut throat they are. I get that my skillset was worth more to them, but she was still a manager, for 15 years.

Found out the guy under me got a decent raise. Also found out my director threw out his back... they're gonna miss me now....

To their credit, they tried to match. But they needed to beat it, and fix some big issues.
My company actually beat the other offer…I was surprised to say the least. But I also ended up getting 3-4 more people raised in the process. It felt really, really good that I could help out these youngsters. The way I see it energy industry is the energy industry whether it be oil, gas, solar, wind transmission lines…just because the government wants to transfer over to renewables does y mean us old guys who’s been in the industry for YEARS should get paid less…me and YOUNG 30 year old boss had a major talk today. I told him if they want good people they need to pay more, obviously. Otherwise you are gonna have major turnover constantly…

It was a good heart to heart honestly, I believe I actually did something really good in general for the company today. Not with just lining my own pockets…

My company actually beat the other offer…I was surprised to say the least. But I also ended up getting 3-4 more people raised in the process. It felt really, really good that I could help out these youngsters. The way I see it energy industry is the energy industry whether it be oil, gas, solar, wind transmission lines…just because the government wants to transfer over to renewables does y mean us old guys who’s been in the industry for YEARS should get paid less…me and YOUNG 30 year old boss had a major talk today. I told him if they want good people they need to pay more, obviously. Otherwise you are gonna have major turnover constantly…

It was a good heart to heart honestly, I believe I actually did something really good in general for the company today. Not with just lining my own pockets…

Man, I hope it works out for you. Studies show that staying is usually the wrong course. The statistics say 90% of people who accept the counter end up leaving in a year. You're on their radar as someone they need to replace. Be careful.

Man, I hope it works out for you. Studies show that staying is usually the wrong course. The statistics say 90% of people who accept the counter end up leaving in a year. You're on their radar as someone they need to replace. Be careful.

I hope so too…I’ve never thought about that but I haven’t told the other company yet at all about the counteroffer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom