Job situation update (1 Viewer)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dear SaintsReport family,

After giving this a great deal of thought and speaking with Andrus about our current situation, he encouraged me to reach out to our community here and share our circumstances.

As many of you already know, I've been working and living in the DC area with my wife and four children for over ten years. Last October, I was laid off of work because of a workforce reduction and my position was eliminated. Since then, I've been looking for another career opportunity. It's been a very difficult road, and we are currently in dire straits financially.

I am hard of hearing and I believe this has been a reason that hiring managers have avoided me. I get ghosted constantly and I've only had one interview after submitting hundreds of applications to a wide variety of career opportunities. I'm not sure why I haven't been able to get my foot in the door for a good career opportunity when I have a resume and history that speaks for itself.

On top of all this, my wife recently came down with vertigo. She literally can't leave the house without falling over. Needless to say, she's unable to work this week and possibly next week as well. It's a stressful situation all around. We're hanging in there but it's challenging to say the least.

At this point, I'm stumped as to what to do. Andrus gave me the idea of starting up a gofundme campaign, and I really hate asking for money, but at the same time I have no idea how we'll get through the next couple of weeks.

Tbh, I'd much rather get a job offer. I have no doubt that I would be a valuable addition to any organization that takes a chance with me. And I really believe there's an opportunity out there waiting for us, it's just not apparent to me what that is yet. I have an interview with a recruiter this Monday. I'm not sure it's for a specific position, but it's something to look forward to, I hope. I do have a LinkedIn page. PM me if you'd like to connect.

Warm regards and who dat!

Dave

Last edited:
@DaveXA ,
What field do you work in?

I'm searching primarily for financial or budget analysis, accounting or policy/tech writing. But I'm not locked into any of that. I'm pretty open to any good career opportunity that has avenues for advancement.

I've been looking primarily at federal positions because with my hearing loss, they're known for accommodating individuals with disabilities.

I have a finance degree from UL at Lafayette. Prefer to keep family in the DC area, but open to working anywhere in the right circumstances.

Thanks for asking. :9:

I'm searching primarily for financial or budget analysis, accounting or policy/tech writing. But I'm not locked into any of that. I'm pretty open to any good career opportunity that has avenues for advancement.

I've been looking primarily at federal positions because with my hearing loss, they're known for accommodating individuals with disabilities.

I have a finance degree from UL at Lafayette. Prefer to keep family in the DC area, but open to working anywhere in the right circumstances.

Thanks for asking. :9:
Thank you, my company has 7 offices and one is in Columbia, MD. I am not promising that i can make something happen but i just spoke to my CFO and i am trying to see if i can make something happen. its Friday afternoon and things are shutting down here so he and i will discuss in depth monday morning.

Sounds great, Columbia, Md is about an hour and a half from where I'm at currently. We'll figure something out if/when we cross that bridge. I appreciate your consideration. Thank you!

I am pulling for Dave. Absolutely a great hard working guy who just can’t seem to catch a break in the workforce arena lately. Thanks to you fellows for trying to help out. It’s people like you that make this site great! In the meantime if any of you can contribute a little to the families go fund me to help them make bills you would be doing a very kind thing for a very kind and deserving person.

Dave, I wish I could have donated more, but as you know I got laid off a month ago myself, and though I don't expect that to last much longer, I am penny pinching, just in case.

I am pulling for Dave. Absolutely a great hard working guy who just can’t seem to catch a break in the workforce arena lately. Thanks to you fellows for trying to help out. It’s people like you that make this site great! In the meantime if any of you can contribute a little to the families go fund me to help them make bills you would be doing a very kind thing for a very kind and deserving person.

Dave, I wish I could have donated more, but as you know I got laid off a month ago myself, and though I don't expect that to last much longer, I am penny pinching, just in case.

Andrus, my family and I appreciate your generosity. We are praying and believing the best is yet to come for you. With your skills and experience, I have no doubt managers will ready to hire you in a flash.

I mean, who doesn't want the owner of the best NFL team fan site in the country? I've learned so much here. You've put together a fantastic team of mods and admins over the years, and that's no small feat. When many other sites have shut down or dwindled, this one has continued to flourish.

I'd write a letter of recommendation for you if that would help, but I'm sure you've got plenty of those. :hihi:

Wish you all the best man. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom