Job situation update (1 Viewer)

Or you leave it to mystery - and we can have all sorts of theories floating around

:scratch: You might be on to something there. :hihi:

I wish I could say because the move is pretty fascinating and it's interesting to see how public policy and the decision-makers decide what's the best way to move forward. It was interesting that the transition is less than 60 days away and the interviewers still didn't have any idea what things will look like after the move.

I am thrilled I'm not moving to Kansas City. That would have sucked.

Last edited:

e-QUIP can be a pain if you've moved around or changed jobs. If you've been in one spot for 7-10 years, it's a lot less to fill out.

I had to fill it out for a "government trust" job, and I was reaching back to college. I had to count being in the dorms, home, back in the dorms, home.. omg...

e-QUIP can be a pain if you've moved around or changed jobs. If you've been in one spot for 7-10 years, it's a lot less to fill out.

I had to fill it out for a "government trust" job, and I was reaching back to college. I had to count being in the dorms, home, back in the dorms, home.. omg...

I've seen the application form before. Over 100 pages...:eek:. They're mailing it to me. Hopefully get it tomorrow.

Oh, we've moved 17 times in 22 years since we married. I'm not looking forward to writing all that down. :covri:

Great news.

Once you get secret clearance, its so much easier to find other federal jobs that require it.

I tried to play that game a while back when I was in DC. What kicks me is I had an internship in college where I could have pushed my employer to clear me, but didn't think it was a big deal so I never did. Then after I graduated in 2001 the downrurn in the economy on top of 9/11 really ****** me.

Yay!!! So very happy for you Dave!
Praying for all the details to get sorted out quickly and for the interim time to be fruitful. May God bless and continue providing all your needs.

Great news.

Once you get secret clearance, its so much easier to find other federal jobs that require it.

I tried to play that game a while back when I was in DC. What kicks me is I had an internship in college where I could have pushed my employer to clear me, but didn't think it was a big deal so I never did. Then after I graduated in 2001 the downrurn in the economy on top of 9/11 really ****** me.

You're absolutely right about the benefit of having clearance. It opens up a wide variety of jobs I'd otherwise be qualified for.

That said, it's not a done deal at the moment. I don't know how long it will take. I was told it most likely would be around 60 days, but, I know people who have been waiting a year or more. So, I'm on pins and needles here. I'm sure I'll pass, but I don't know.

For example. I was going through my free annual credit reports and found a derogatory account on all 3 reports. It was the same account in each one, and so I called the financial institution. Turned out, it was an old credit card account that had not been closed, and it had sat dormant for over 10 years. Suddenly, in January this year, a large charge was made to the account. I had no idea until the credit report showing it was 6 months past due and was dinging my credit score.

The bank called me back to notify that the charge was fraudulent and that it would be closed and removed from my credit report. I just hope it's done before the investigation gets to it.

This is a good point to highlight, everyone should be checking their credit reports from time to time and be sure they're accurate. I found a few items, including addresses I've never resided at. I'll be following up with the different reporting agencies to see if they'll update and correct my records.

So, I've been wanting to send out an update, but there hasn't been any news to report until this morning. I've just been notified that I have been cleared to start working, which is great news, but there's a caveat of sorts. Because the department I'm working with is being moved under a different federal agency, I'm actually going to start under the new agency and the department will be renamed. I can't elaborate much more than that because I'm not sure how much I can say yet. It sucks because I missed the last onboarding class by a week. :covri: They're not sure when the next one is, so because of the transition, it's looking like it's gonna be a few more weeks before I can actually start.

I'm excited that I've been cleared to start and it's just a matter of time, but because it's going to be another few more weeks (I'm guessing about a month), we're going to need financial assistance to get through the next 3-4 weeks. I'm pretty sure this will be my last request before my job starts. In addition to the funds I have on hand, I need about $2000 to cover my rent and bills. I need $1000 by Friday to cover bills due at the end of the week and another $1000 by October 1st when my rent is due. (edit 9/19 - we've gotten it sorted out until I start working)

As many of you guys and gals know well, it's been a long hard road for my family and I, but in a few weeks, all of this struggle will start paying off for us. And we really need it. All of my credit is completely maxed out and I've been getting help from from family and friends, in addition to those who have helped here, and I'm just grateful to you all for your kindness and generosity.

Appreciate you all and I'm excited for the season to start tonight. Who dat!!!

Last edited:
Thank you for the update Dave. Great news and praying for all your needs to be met.

Just fyi, I don't have an onboarding date yet, but I've been told that I should be starting the week of October 13th. I still have to go do a drug test, but I've already gotten through the background stuff for security clearance. The rest is just procedural stuff. I'm excited and so anxious to start!

Also - I've taken down the gofundme page, I think we'll make it until I start working. :9:

Awesome news, Dave, so happy for you and your whole family.

Just fyi, I don't have an onboarding date yet, but I've been told that I should be starting the week of October 13th. I still have to go do a drug test, but I've already gotten through the background stuff for security clearance. The rest is just procedural stuff. I'm excited and so anxious to start!

Also - I've taken down the gofundme page, I think we'll make it until I start working. :9:
awesome
very happy for you

Fantastic!!!

With all of the moves and such, you must be working on the old Black Briar/Treadstone project. Good luck with all of that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom