Job thread (Corona Virus addition) (1 Viewer)

Awesome man! Weren't you starting a band? What type of music you thinking of doing? I seriously feel like dancing right now. Every thing is working out beautifully, but it seems like chaos. How can this be? Praise God!

Well, it isnt really that awesome .. i’ve had zero success applying for unemployment, and the few pennies I’ve saved will only carry me for so long.. opening the economy once it’s responsible to do so, and finding a new position will be the best scenario, for me and millions of others, I imagine.

But yeah, i guess it’s as good a time as any to start assembling my new band, I Like Slutty Ladies... I’ll be holding auditions via Zoom for anyone who can play instruments or sing, since i cant do either!

*actually i play a little bit of guitar, but not very well if it involves more than two or three chords

If any of you knows of someone with aviation experience (within the last 5 years), Vertex Aerospace will be hiring soon in Meridian,MS. Very good pay and benefits. Some travel but not a lot.

[/QUOTE]
Well, it isnt really that awesome .. i’ve had zero success applying for unemployment, and the few pennies I’ve saved will only carry me for so long.. opening the economy once it’s responsible to do so, and finding a new position will be the best scenario, for me and millions of others, I imagine.

But yeah, i guess it’s as good a time as any to start assembling my new band, I Like Slutty Ladies... I’ll be holding auditions via Zoom for anyone who can play instruments or sing, since i cant do either!

*actually i play a little bit of guitar, but not very well if it involves more than two or three chords

This is my take on music....A lot of work and very little chance of financial payoff, but if you don't care about money, and have a passion for it, then it makes sense. You pretty much have to be crazy to be a performing musician.

This is my take on music....A lot of work and very little chance of financial payoff, but if you don't care about money, and have a passion for it, then it makes sense. You pretty much have to be crazy to be a performing musician.

Not sure if you’re putting me on, or just didnt realize- but I’m not really starting a band... just fyi

I've been on the street since before Christmas. This stupid COVID crap has cost me no less than 3 jobs. I'm glad for the extra unemployment and extended time period. This is ridiculous.

I've been on the street since before Christmas. This stupid COVID crap has cost me no less than 3 jobs. I'm glad for the extra unemployment and extended time period. This is ridiculous.

That is horrible! Sorry to hear this. What is your game plan?

Not sure if you’re putting me on, or just didnt realize- but I’m not really starting a band... just fyi

I don't really care if people are telling the truth online.....There isn't like a way to know if someone is telling the truth or not. So, either way it doesn't matter to me.... I think most people only really care about themselves, so any interactions are based on that person's mood at that time.

That is horrible! Sorry to hear this. What is your game plan?
Luckily I'm still on unemployment, which when combined with the "extra" stimulus stuff makes for a pretty livable salary when combined with my wife's salary. So financially it's not terrible it just sucks to think about 3-4 months from now....

Luckily I'm still on unemployment, which when combined with the "extra" stimulus stuff makes for a pretty livable salary when combined with my wife's salary. So financially it's not terrible it just sucks to think about 3-4 months from now....

They are talking about $2000 a month and no rent/mortgage until every thing is happy again.

They are talking about $2000 a month and no rent/mortgage until every thing is happy again.

Let me know when “they” approve that. :9:

Sorry, i just dont see it happening.. will be too much resistance from the Mitch McConnells of the world.. if anything, i could see *maybe* $2000 UBI (which is basically what it would be, a Universla Basic Income) .. OR.. freezing all rents/mortgages for the foreseeable future.. No way they do both.

I've been furloughed for a month since the shutdown has made my business zero. But I got called back in for next week under a different role. I'm grateful to be employed again, but I have to say I'll miss staying home with my little girl, as tough as that it.

I've been furloughed for a month since the shutdown has made my business zero. But I got called back in for next week under a different role. I'm grateful to be employed again, but I have to say I'll miss staying home with my little girl, as tough as that it.
i found out friday i'll be back on a project helping with CARES whatever, starting tomorrow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom