Job thread (Corona Virus addition) (1 Viewer)

Lots of good advice
- yes to mock interview (I’d write down answers to potential questions beforehand so you can articulate what you want to say DONT READ THE ANSWER just have rehearsed it)
- have a glass of water close by
- text out a few different shirts (what works irl is not necessarily the same as on screen)
- if you can get a second light source on the other side of your camera try it - well placed light can give you face somegood contour

Before all this I had never heard of Zoom

I've heard of Skype, Facetime, Join.Me, GoTo Meeting, Webex and UberConference

But never Zoom - Now I hear about it almost daily

Also have a good answer to the question:

If you were a (bird, tree, breakfast cereal) what would you be and why?

So, good news, I have been contacted by an employer who wants to interview me. Don't have my hopes up, but it looks likes a good union job. They want to interview me on zoom, never used zoom. What's wrong with Skype or FaceTime?!?! Anyways, I'm probably the worst at interviewing, so I'm open for technical support on zoom and interview tips.

I'm a little excited.

I have a Mac laptop, Mac iPad, chrome laptop, and Windows 7 PC. Which would you use for zoom interview?

Any one have some good advice on interview, would appreciate it. Just general advice is fine.

Feel free to add your job prospects or woes here.

1586813019762.png
Good luck! Let us know how you make out.

Getting a professional background can be difficult in your home. One I know guy had his 5 year-old son run through the room nekkid while he was doing a high-level meeting. In my house, as my wife was in the midst of distance teaching one of the cats hopped up on the kitchen table and worked up a hairball.

Before all this I had never heard of Zoom

I've heard of Skype, Facetime, Join.Me, GoTo Meeting, Webex and UberConference

But never Zoom - Now I hear about it almost daily

Also have a good answer to the question:

If you were a (bird, tree, breakfast cereal) what would you be and why?

If they ask me that question, I will start laughing. lol

Lots of good advice
- yes to mock interview (I’d write down answers to potential questions beforehand so you can articulate what you want to say DONT READ THE ANSWER just have rehearsed it)
- have a glass of water close by
- text out a few different shirts (what works irl is not necessarily the same as on screen)
- if you can get a second light source on the other side of your camera try it - well placed light can give you face somegood contour

Yup, those are good. They closed the darn bike trail today, working sounds great right now. I will post the results of the job interview, when I find out.

1586819185890.png

I know things are serious when they close the bike trail. Cue the real life zombie apocalypse.

1586819303068.png

Yup, those are good. They closed the darn bike trail today, working sounds great right now. I will post the results of the job interview, when I find out.

1586819185890.png

I know things are serious when they close the bike trail. Cue the real life zombie apocalypse.

I don't want to derail your thread, but this irks me. I don't see the point in closing bike and nature trails when they're encouraging us to stay fit and participate in individual outdoor activities

I don't want to derail your thread, but this irks me. I don't see the point in closing bike and nature trails when they're encouraging us to stay fit and participate in individual outdoor activities

Yes, if the plan was to cause severe pain, and make me feel hopeless, mission accomplished. It can also be, it's just time to get a job. I hear you though. Total freak out!

Yes, if the plan was to cause severe pain, and make me feel hopeless, mission accomplished. It also be, it's just time to get a job. I hear you though. Total freak out!

Yup. They've closed all the parks and trails here as well. It's frustrating when you're trying to find a way to both get outdoors and avoid others

Yup. They've closed all the parks and trails here as well. It's frustrating when you're trying to find a way to both get outdoors and avoid others

We will remember the good ol' days in 6 months time, when we were allowed to go outside at all.

1586821007647.png

Last edited:

Yeah quick update on the job, this is just practice. The job is not a good fit, not gonna say why, but it will get me tuned up for the next opportunity. Thanks for all the tips and tricks.

Solid strategy.

I've gone on many interviews for jobs that I knew I had little to no shot at. But, the experience of the interview process proved to be extremely valuable for other opportunities.

Again, best of luck, whatever the outcome.

Solid strategy.

I've gone on many interviews for jobs that I knew I had little to no shot at. But, the experience of the interview process proved to be extremely valuable for other opportunities.

Again, best of luck, whatever the outcome.

Thanks for the well wishes.

That I'm not at liberty to say, it's strictly confidential. lol It's through a hiring agency, if that helps your "friend" any. Indeed is where I have been mostly applying at. Just apply to jobs that you think you're qualified for, then wait.
You better not tell anyone who you are interviewing with if you hope to have any chance of landing that job!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom