Jobs you’ve had (1 Viewer)

Who knew that ‘Dancer’ would be one of the most common former occupations amongst our members? So far ive seen Bleu Raeder, Guido and at least one or two other folks mention Dance Instructor or some version of Dancer.. We are an eclectic peoples indeed.

Last edited:
grocery bagger
deli worker
pizza delivery
flip flop model
tutor
door to door meat sales 2 weeks.
bouncer
retail owner/manager
jewelry/casual goods distributor
consultant
general contractor

I missed a couple.
When I was probably about 14, a friend and I bought some stencils and spray paint and went door to door to paint peoples address numbers on their driveways. We did ok for only working at it for about 4 days.

We also had a less ethical ploy to go around collecting money for our school, but too many people started calling us out on it so we bailed on that one after only a few houses.
The school should probably not given students plastic cups with lids that had coin slots on them. That is basically where we got the idea.

Forgot home Remo/demo - did that my first 2 summers I moved back to NO

Also did a few days of phone surveys - it was a 30 MINUTE survey about the ‘big 6’ accounting firms
But I’m pretty sure it was a whisper campaign for one of the - maybe KPMD

oh right, I was an au pair for about a week - it was weird bc I worked for a woman who worked from home. Babysitting her kid while she was in the next room

I am kind of amazed at how many jobs some of you have had. I've really lived a sheltered existence.😔

I've worked in one restaurant most of my adult life, up until recently when I started working at my dad's trucking buisiness.

I am kind of amazed at how many jobs some of you have had. I've really lived a sheltered existence.😔

I've worked in one restaurant most of my adult life, up until recently when I started working at my dad's trucking buisiness.

It’s not too late! If you get busy now, you too can make expensive, embarrassing mistakes that’ll haunt you for the rest of your life!!

@dtc -

You gotta share a d2d meat salesman story. I know you have one.

Also interested in “jewelry/ casual goods distributer”

So, out of college I printed t-shirts for stores on the beach. Then I opened a shop on the beach selling the stuff I saw in my customer's stores. We sold so much casual jewelry I started buying in bulk and distributing with our t-shirts. From there, we ended up with screen printing business and manufacturing cheap, casual jewelry in Guatemala then Thailand, China and wherever else. Think in terms of mid 90s woven stuff with beads, hemp and leather.

The meat deal was hilarious. A group of us were convinced we could make 2500 per week in the summer by selling meat. We spent a couple days in training and then about 2 weeks selling this junk door to door with a terrible canned pitch. The second week I easily made the 2500 and me and a few of the rest of us decided to buy a case of the junk and cook it up at my parents' house.

It was so freaking terrible that we threw it out and went to the grocery store so we could eat. I never went back. Some of the 10 or so guys I knew did go back and a couple make 2000 per week for a whole summer lying to people about canceled deliveries.

Knock knock.....I've got a truck full of meat that was supposed to go your neighbor and they're not home. I can't take it back so m boss told me to sell it cheap. You want some meat?

After actually eating some of it, I couldn't do it again.

Parking lot attendant for the New Orleans Zephyrs, installed satellite dishes with my dad, Graham Ace Hardware, painting with a friend's gf's dad, Stein Mart, Hancock Fabric, Gordon's of Metairie and Big Lots.

I have beautiful feet.

Grad school in Austin got a job working for an ad company that did stuff for various department stores. I used to buy the Sunday paper to look for my feet in the Scarbrough's flyers. I did shoes too, but you can't tell how pretty my feet were in shoes so I claim just the flips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom