Joe Alleva (1 Viewer)

I love how everyone has Orgeron fired after a 10-3 season with that brutal schedule and the number 3 recruiting class. Without the refs in the A&M game he would have finished 10-2. Jimbo is no Nick Saban.

Woodward is the home run hire, maybe the most sought after AD in these parts. He has big ties to LSU. He is very highly thought of nationally.

The irony for me is his greatest lacagy at A&M is signing Fisher and I personally thought the price was ridiculous. Nevertheless, LSU fans will see it as Woodward getting His man and Alleva flaming out. Time will tellif Alleva actually made the better hire. Truth be told, Orgeron was as good as Fisher last year.

Woodward is the guy, I don’t see the Tom Herman thing repeating itself. Woodward loves LSU.
That’s the thing; ppl are heralding the hiring of woodward yet he’s the one that made the decision to hire Fisher for guaranteed money which some considered stupid. That’s why I Asked you if you liked our move to hire Woodward. I know how you felt about his most notable hire with Fisher... and it’s fine... I get it but I saw it as a bold move to resurrect a program and feed starving fans.

While maybe it wasn’t the right move for LSU to make that deal, I didn’t think it was dumb for Tamu. Consider where Tamu was compared to us. 8 wins a year. Then 7... We’d been doing better. Maybe not as desperate.
So Tamu has Tons of money and a starving fanbase and Woodward knows Fisher. He reached out and lured what many considered the best coach around. It didn’t hurt that LSU was also trying to get him. He didn’t make that decision alone either. He knew that he had the support of whatever boards were involved.

And if you were to poll the football world at the moment Fisher was hired by Tamu- I feel very strongly that Fisher would be considered a better coach than Orgeron. I didn’t like seeing Fisher go to our divisional rival. We took a low priced gamble on a homeboy and it might just pay off quite well. It all depends on the measure of “success”. Mine is a championship. Tamu took a high priced gamble and I’d say short term, it’ll be good but If there’s no championship within 4 years of hiring, it’s not so great. If we get that with Orgeron, well, we did quite well with our low priced bet. But at the price of Orgeron and co, do we even have a right to expect championships? It’s a question to consider.
Tamu clearly expects that. At their cost, it would take multiple championships to make that payoff worthwhile imo.

So I put that perspective on it to offer an alternative to just ‘good’ or ‘bad’ and say - it’s all relative. I agree that Woodward is a good move by us. We got rid of a come-yunder who never seemed to ingratiate himself here and added a guy that wants to be here and is generally viewed as a star. He can help greatly in the new fund raising initiative. His moves at Tamu have been generally viewed as positive at this point. Time will reveal the facts.

Now, some have half jokingly speculated that he wanted out of Tamu because he knows that the Fisher deal will blow up. Ha! Maybe. I think he wants to be here because he knows this is where its at.
And I’m glad he is.

Last edited:
Woodward is the home run hire, maybe the most sought after AD in these parts. He has big ties to LSU. He is very highly thought of nationally.

The irony for me is his greatest lacagy at A&M is signing Fisher and I personally thought the price was ridiculous. Nevertheless, LSU fans will see it as Woodward getting His man and Alleva flaming out. Time will tellif Alleva actually made the better hire. Truth be told, Orgeron was as good as Fisher last year.

Woodward is the guy, I don’t see the Tom Herman thing repeating itself. Woodward loves LSU.
Just remember that the biggest factor in the Jimbo hiring was that the boosters wanted him at practically any cost. Scott Woodward only had to find out what that price was and lure him in.

• 1Like
Reactions: You
Predictions;

Jimbo Fisher will be coaching here before 2025.
Urban meyer will be coaching USC before 2021

Predictions;

Jimbo Fisher will be coaching here before 2025.

Jimbo is already on his way to being a retread IMO.. now, if Orgeron underachieves this season, it wouldn’t surprise me if Woodward reaches out to Fisher, but i dont think LSU would want to take on his $75 million guaranteed contract (which would probably still have over $50 mill left on it?)

I think LSU would be far better-served to go after a ‘next big thing’ type, a Lincoln Riley or similar (Matt Campbell? PJ Fleck?? Just throwing names out there, dont judge me) who can be our version of what coaches like Saban, Fisher, Urban etc have been at their peak, not on the downside of their careers... And the best thing is, that’s EXACTLY the type of hire that Woodward would be totally capable of bringing in.

I know a lot of people are not big fans of Orgeron, but the dude is doing a pretty good job thus far. O has really picked up steam in recruiting & the Joe Brady hire shows that he sees deficiencies in the offense and is willing to adapt. Unless the wheels completely come off of the bus this year, Orgeron will not lose his job anytime soon. My hope is that he somehow finds magic in the bottle and breaks out as a top coach. The talent on the roster at least makes it plausible.

Burrow and Brennan are a big reason to believe the future is bright. It's been decades since LSU had more than one capable QB on the same team.

some y'all speaking like y'all have sources................SPILL IT

I have good friend who was instrumental in cutting the deal with Woodward. It all happened very fast. Woodward is a star and I am happy, if for no other reason, to have the LSU fan base stop whining about Alleva. Alleva was a bad AD who bungled Florida game, Miles firing and Miles replacement search, but the poor guy got blamed for everything.

Ironically it was probably the Wade suspension is what gave the momentum to a certain group on the Board of Supervisors to run Alleva. I say ironically because I think, and I am very much in the LSU fanbase minority on this, that Alleva did the right thing in suspending Wade.

The board reinstated Wade after his interview because he has a contract and the board determined there was not enough proof that he paid players. They were worried he would sue them. I think the board caved to fan presssure. The tape is clear to anyone with a lick of sense that Wade was paying players.

The Wade Woodward deal will be interesting to watch. Woodward is a high integrity guy and knows LSU could get hammered by the NCAA for not taking action. I think LSU is in trouble on the basketball side for serious sanctions.

The Woodward Orgeron deal bears watching as well. The most important thing any AD does at any SEC school is hire a head coach in football. Orgeron is an Alleva hire, so I think Woodward will be quick to put in his own guy should Orgeron stumble at all. It didn’t take Woodward long to run Sumlin who was a respectable 51-26 record at A&M.

Woodward is the real deal. We can expect LSU will be better at a lot of sports with Woodward making the hires.

Just remember that the biggest factor in the Jimbo hiring was that the boosters wanted him at practically any cost. Scott Woodward only had to find out what that price was and lure him in.
Yep. He was the one.

If woodward was here, we would have had him at more reasonable terms than Tamu did

Imo

I love how everyone has Orgeron fired after a 10-3 season with that brutal schedule and the number 3 recruiting class. Without the refs in the A&M game he would have finished 10-2. Jimbo is no Nick Saban.
I don’t see anyone calling for Orgeron to be fired. I’m sure there are. I just don’t see it.

He has a new boss though and that could complicate things.

Funny thing though is that I can easily go find 10 people that support Orgeron but would have had a tough time finding 1 that liked Alleva yet Alleva hired Orgeron. Like it or not, Alleva and Orgeron are linked. Curiously though, if we Poll the orgeron fans I bet most are not alleva fans. Seems more consistent that this would not be the case.

Getting Rid of the guy that hired the guy you support, could mean the guy you support is no longer the fair haired boy by the new guy doing the hiring.

Personally, I think Orgeron ‘s job is safe. I also think it’s possible that his replacement is currently on staff. I also think that Jimbo could he here within 5 years. It’s all relative and I think woodward has the ability to properly measure all of the variables to make a decision IF one needs to be made.

And no one is Saban except Saban. No one is Bear Bryant except Bear Bryant. No one is anyone else.

Last edited:
As I said in another thread, Nothing will happen to Will Wade. He will be the LSU coach next season. Now Nikki Fargas she has a lot of reasons to be worried. Also have heard there are a couple of people who make life difficult in LSU admin building that are on borrowed time, people such as Bo Bohansen, and Miriam Segar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom