Joe Alleva (1 Viewer)

Board of supervisors met last night and supposedly gave him an ultimatum to which he agreed to step down to avoid a drawn out process.
Will wade might also be out.

Just bums me out that we could have Jimbo Fisher coaching if it were not for Alleva bungling the deal.

I hope we can get the guy that hired Fisher at Tamu, scott woodward to take over. He should have had the job all along.

Last edited:
Board of supervisors met last night and supposedly gave him an ultimatum to which he agreed to step down to avoid a drawn out process.
Will wade might also be out.

I have not heard anything about Wade being out, it could take a long time for that to play out. I do not think it will take long to replace Alleva.

Just bums me out that we could have Jimbo Fisher coaching if it were not for Alleva bungling the deal.

I hope we can get the guy that hired Fisher at Tamu, scott woodward to take over. He should have had the job all along.

Alleva totally bungled the Miles firing and head coach search.

That said, I never would have paid Fisher what A&M paid him. And while I am no Ed Orgeron fan, his team played as well as the Aggies did last year and but for a few close calls would have beaten A&M.

If Fisher had the exact same record at LSU last year as Orgeron did, LSU fans would think he was the greatest hire ever. it will be interesting over the next few years to see how Fisher does compared to Orgeron.

Alleva totally bungled the Miles firing and head coach search.

That said, I never would have paid Fisher what A&M paid him. And while I am no Ed Orgeron fan, his team played as well as the Aggies did last year and but for a few close calls would have beaten A&M.

If Fisher had the exact same record at LSU last year as Orgeron did, LSU fans would think he was the greatest hire ever. it will be interesting over the next few years to see how Fisher does compared to Orgeron.
Supposedly, Fisher went to Tamu because of Woodward ... and used our offer as leverage. I can’t help but think that if Woodward was here, that wouldn’t have happened and we would have gotten him for about what was reported to be $7mm a year avg. I have no problem with that.
Heck, I’m not opposed to paying top dollar as long as the coach is legit. I believe our program is top tier and we need to be able to pay top tier money.

Tamu beat us last year. It was a hard fought game with questionable calls but I could see that Tamu is a team on the ascent. Fisher is a difference maker. Most would say that Fisher is a better coach than Orgeron. Easy to say but Orgeron could surprise some folks.

I’m pulling for O. I just wanted Fisher in a bad way and hearing about how the deal went down and that Fisher really wanted to work for Woodward, I can’t help but wonder what could have been if we had promoted Woodward to Ath director.

I have not heard anything about Wade being out, it could take a long time for that to play out. I do not think it will take long to replace Alleva.
Local reports are saying that Wade was going to be fired about a week ago by the same people who are pushing Alleva out.
The speculation is that the board of supervisors wanted Wade out and when Alleva brought him back in, it didn’t sit well.

Last edited:
Tiger wins his 14th major June 16 2008
Alleva officially takes office as AD July 1 2008

Tiger ends 11 year drought, wins 15th major April 14 2019
Alleva steps down as AD April 17 2019

Year of the Tiger

giphy.gif

Local reports are saying that Wade was going to be fired about a week ago by the same people who are pushing Alleva out.
The speculation is that the board of supervisors wanted Wade out and when Alleva brought him back in, it didn’t sit well.

I am not sure this is true. could be, I don't know. I will be very surprised if anything happens to Wade in the short term.

Woodward to LSU would be bigger news to me. ;)

Advocate reporting it official now. Alleva will "retire". Hmmm.
Feinbaum reporting that there are several reasons for his departure. Some he can't even report. The handling of the Wade situation is relevant. He called Alleva an arrogant jerk and said generally people don't like him. Not easy to do business with.

Names being mentioned for replacement are Woodward (very highly desired by many of the Board) and dark horse is Herb Vincent.
Vincent has no experience as an AD but is very highly regarded within the SEC.
Both names have Baton Rouge ties.

Reportedly, Woodward and Fisher were pretty tight from their time at LSU and Fisher was very comfortable going to work at TAMU for him. Not so much for Alleva. TAMU reportedly will fight very hard to keep Woodward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom