Joe Brady leaving LSU for Carolina Panthers (1 Viewer)

Well it was a Special Season for LSU. Them winning a national championship lessens the sting of this news.

• 1Like
Reactions: VDK
Remember he won’t have a Burrow throwing to the likes of Jefferson and Chase at Carolina.....not concerned at all.
But he has Christian McCaffrey and D.J. Moore is pretty solid. Also, Curtis Samuel can be nice piece if utilize properly. Greg Olsen might return because if this hiring .

Not worried about how this affects the Saints as much as LSU but Orgeron has shown that he knows what he doesn't know (hired Brady to begin with) and there will be people lining up to fill Brady's position in the LSU offense. Hell, the Saints probably have another Brady or could recommend someone like him.

Now Rhule and Brady may flame out in Carolina. But they also may strike gold. We will see.

But it kind of goes into the narrative of you have to strike while the iron is hot. We had three years to get it done and blew it two of those years. The NFL thrives off parity and we aren't going to be the dominant team in the NFC South forever. You always have to brace the reality that a rival will leapfrog us.

This isn't to sound negative or panicky. But Carolina thought they were good for years to come after their Super Bowl loss then Atlanta jumped them. Atlanta thought the same after their choke then we jumped them. Obviously you hope we can maintain our dominance, but the "fear" of another team leapfrogging us sure would be easier to accept had we won a ring out this current era. Can only hope we find a way to get one next season.

You know damn well carolina is gonna trade the farm to get burrow now.

One thing I'd bet the bank on from Coach Pete's predictions is that Burrow desperately wants to play for SP. A guy as talented as Burrow can realistically think HOF career and records under SP and his offensive genius.

They just replaced Ron Rivera and Norv Turner with Matt Rhule and Joe Brady. I have to admit, I’m a little concerned.
At least Payton knows his tendencies better than anyone. There's no tape on a Joe Brady offense so we have the closest thing in Payton. As far as Brady spilling the beans on the Saints offense, there's not much to spill. It's been on tape since 2006.

At least Payton knows his tendencies better than anyone. There's no tape on a Joe Brady offense so we have the closest thing in Payton. As far as Brady spilling the beans on the Saints offense, there's not much to spill. It's been on tape since 2006.
Yup. It's not so much Brady spilling the beans on us as much as it is Brady taking what works well for us and implementing it in Carolina the way he did at LSU.

Yup. It's not so much Brady spilling the beans on us as much as it is Brady taking what works well for us and implementing it in Carolina the way he did at LSU.
I hear ya. They better get a QB if they want to do that. Can, Allen and Grier aren't legit QBs.

This was obvious once I saw him and rhule had the same agent. Then the clause in his contract was the confirmation

One thing I'd bet the bank on from Coach Pete's predictions is that Burrow desperately wants to play for SP. A guy as talented as Burrow can realistically think HOF career and records under SP and his offensive genius.
Ill believe lawn guy dave over coach Pete at this point, we can’t afford to move up. Burrows great and I think he would do well in our system but I’m a saints fan before I’m a brees/burrow fan and I do not want to cripple our future by giving away 3-4 years of draft capital.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom