Joe Brady leaving LSU for Carolina Panthers (1 Viewer)

Carolina doesn't have a QB, so there's nothing to see here.

Carolina now has Joe Brady, who installed and ran his version of the Saints offense (passing game) at LSU with overwhelming success.

Many have already predicted that Carolina will now try to get Joe Burrow to run Brady’s offense for the Panthers... but most understand the FACT that the Cincinnati Bengals are a very difficult team to work with, and a trade to the #1 slot to draft the Ohio native Burrow is extremely unlikely... The Bengals need a QB and face for their franchise, and Burrow is a perfect fit.

Here is my prediction: The Carolina Panthers will sign UFA QB Teddy Bridgewater.

Bridgewater knows the Saints offense, and with his penchant to play it safe and checkdown... he will likely be getting the ball to Carolina’s best player (C-Mac) very often.

Heard this last night on the Husker board( something about Brady hates recruiting ) and coach Mickey Joseph plans on going back to Nebraska as receivers coach or passing game coordinator or something for Scott Frost.

Not worried about C-Mac. He had a monstrous year this year and where did it get them? 5-11. He carried the ball 287 times and caught 116 passes. That's 403 touches last year. Not sure he can sustain that count for too many more years without breaking down. The guy is listed at 206 pounds. He is fun to watch.

This is a great point, because Brady helped install the plays and then was working with the WR, Ensminger was the playcaller and Munoz worked with the QBs. I don’t think it will be that big of a loss for LSU because do you think the LSU coaches are too stupid to have learned what was implemented by Brady and will just forget everything installed. I mean we have a coaching staff With years of experience I’m sure they paid attention to the installation process.

I don't know but to me this is beyond stupid.

To win division you hire a coach that runs saints plays?

So the saints will now get to defend what they should know is coming?

Hope he gets a huge contract because he is gonna have serious problems getting past the saints

I don't understand why people think Cincy is trading out of the first pick?
Because the Bengals organization is one of the worst run organizations in the league and have shown over and over again they don’t know what they’re doing.
Their logic will probably be that they’re more than one player away so they would rather have a bunch of draft picks than one player

Panthers are putting together one heck of a coaching staff. Hate to see it.
I dont know, I'm seeing a college head coach with a .500 career record in some really weak conferences. I see a guy that has no idea how much bigger the spotlight will be for an NFL team than Baylor or Temple.

I see an offensive coordinator who has never actually coordinated an offense. A guy that likes to run a system that the NFL has shown must have high end talent at the QB and WR positions to work on a team whose biggest weakness is QB and WR.

Panthers are going to be a disaster.

Well Carolina were going to draft a quarterback they would have kept Ron Rivera.

I don't think Joe Brady put himself into a good situation. He is stuck with Cam Newton for at least a year. McCaffery is going to have to carry that team.

The Panthers look more like a team headed towards rebuild mode.

Yeah the Luke retirement leaves major holes everywhere on that team.

My bet is they are all signed to make cam work or at least try to.

Cam has no real trade value so you are not gonna get enough to move way up for him.

I hate to say it the quickest fix for the is to sign Teddy.

Knows the offense and a more reliable player than cam.

Yeah the Luke retirement leaves major holes everywhere on that team.

My bet is they are all signed to make cam work or at least try to.

Cam has no real trade value so you are not gonna get enough to move way up for him.

I hate to say it the quickest fix for the is to sign Teddy.

Knows the offense and a more reliable player than cam.
Sure Teddy would help them, but with Luke leaving, that leaves Carolina with a $11 million dollar hit. They could release Cam and save money that way.

I dont know, I'm seeing a college head coach with a .500 career record in some really weak conferences. I see a guy that has no idea how much bigger the spotlight will be for an NFL team than Baylor or Temple.

I see an offensive coordinator who has never actually coordinated an offense. A guy that likes to run a system that the NFL has shown must have high end talent at the QB and WR positions to work on a team whose biggest weakness is QB and WR.

Panthers are going to be a disaster.

You’re underestimating Rhule. He’s not a typical “college coach.”

The Panthers are going to be terrible in 2020, dare I say, the worst record in the NFL most likely. And then they are going to see what Joe Brady can do with Trevor Lawrence. That’s just my guess.

You’re underestimating Rhule. He’s not a typical “college coach.”

The Panthers are going to be terrible in 2020, dare I say, the worst record in the NFL most likely. And then they are going to see what Joe Brady can do with Trevor Lawrence. That’s just my guess.
I agree they will be terrible in 2020. I also think Rhule is being hire to rebuild from the ground up. I also know how much pressure is going to be on him for year 2. If it is with Lawrence then he's going to be walking into year 2 with a rookie QB coming off a near winless season he is way behind the 8 ball. You don't get a year 3 in the NFL with 5-6 wins in 2 seasons.

You do if that’s exactly what you tell the owner is going to happen before he even hires you.
Yeah, then 2 years later happens and the fans that are left are calling for his head. Every coach and owner go through the interview process talking about a "3 year plan". If you don't win in the NFL you don't last long.

Those assurances are almost as good as contract extensions coaches sign in college.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom