Joe Buck headed to Canton (getting lifetime achievement award) (1 Viewer)

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
with him, it’s more about longevity. I don’t teally care for most announcers, but there are worse out there. I don’t think he is hOF material, but it’s not my choice to make, I suppose.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
What really blew my mind was when he credited one of the tech guys with "making me sound smarter than I am". I guess I'd hate to know just how stupid he actually is because he always comes off like a complete moron who knows nothing about sports.

I have no words to describe how ridiculous it is to have him being put into any kind of Hall of Fame.

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
What really blew my mind was when he credited one of the tech guys with "making me sound smarter than I am". I guess I'd hate to know just how stupid he actually is because he always comes off like a complete moron who knows nothing about sports.

I have no words to describe how ridiculous it is to have him being put into any kind of Hall of Fame.
Personally I think he's done a good job covering baseball, but as an NFL announcer, I just can't consider him "great". This is a longevity recognition, for sure. I can see him going into a HOF for such a long, consistent career, but I agree that he has not been what I would consider a "shining star" in the broadcast booth. There are so many who are MUCH better, IMO. But so be it. I'll send my congratulations; his emotional reaction to the news was very touching, and he is one of the good guys out there.

jam21796

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I like him better then Aikman and Collinsworthh. Much better baseball guy then football. Cooperstown will be honored to... oh wait

IceHot

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
with him, it’s more about longevity. I don’t teally care for most announcers, but there are worse out there. I don’t think he is hOF material, but it’s not my choice to make, I suppose.
He is not really being inducted into the HoF just receiving an award from the HoF. There is a distinction there.

Bill Nunn is the 2021 Contributor nomination

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
25 years.

I was SHOCKED to hear he's been doing it that long.

I like his voice and his humor.

Alot of people with say he comes off as smug, but I've always liked him.
I agree. I actually like his calling of games.

A guy I workout with is best friends with him (they went to college together). Everytime the Cards play that Thursday night game here in Arizona he'll get him tickets. I told my friend I want to go next time! Don't be greedy! :LOL:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonsw NFL Mostert 49er RB headed to IR Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8