Joe Buck: Network would allow fake crowd noise at stadiums if no fans (2 Viewers)

Just let fans in the stands! We’re held hostage to this thing that only affects people over 70 or with preexisting conditions. Quarantine them and let the rest of the world move on!

It'd be cool to watch the game from your seat in VR. And for the sound you make in your headset to be reflected in real time in the stadium.

Probably too far in the future but I'd be for it.

I’ve sat next to fans who were watching while using the canned or bottled version of VR ;)

It'd be cool to watch the game from your seat in VR. And for the sound you make in your headset to be reflected in real time in the stadium.

Probably too far in the future but I'd be for it.

The NBA are already doing exactly what you described. It's called NBA Courtside VR or something.

What makes the issue of 'fanless' stadiums so vital is that the crowd noise does have an effect on player & team performance.
We know that we can disrupt the offense of a visiting team, but also an enthusiastic crowd can fire up their own team. (See Who Dat! chant)
Without fans, the product on the field will be affected.

That said, I'd rather have games in fanless stadiums than no games at all.

Just let fans in the stands! We’re held hostage to this thing that only affects people over 70 or with preexisting conditions. Quarantine them and let the rest of the world move on!
Only those two groups, huh?
giphy.gif

Before the ignorance gets totally out of hand and the thread gets derailed, let's put the idea to rest that only (because that's what's being suggested) old people and those with underlying conditions are dying.

A 25-year-old pharmacy tech dies from coronavirus. It’s an urgent warning for young people
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-30/25-year-old-dies-coronavirus-warning
The death of a 25-year-old California man from the coronavirus infection underscores what medical experts say is a key point: Even young adults can be vulnerable to the virus.
The pharmacy technician had no known underlying health conditions, officials said.
“This is a deeply saddening reminder that COVID-19 kills the young and healthy too,” said Dr. Cameron Kaiser, Riverside County’s public health officer.

So no, it's not only the old and sickly. Now, back to your regularly scheduled program/topic. :loopy:

I’d rather they pipe in golf noises so you get a twofer. “Get in the hole”. “You da man”. Or maybe the noises themselves can get a sponsorship like “silly silly”. “True, true”

this is just silly

Before the ignorance gets totally out of hand and the thread gets derailed, let's put the idea to rest that only (because that's what's being suggested) old people and those with underlying conditions are dying.

A 25-year-old pharmacy tech dies from coronavirus. It’s an urgent warning for young people
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-30/25-year-old-dies-coronavirus-warning

So no, it's not only the old and sickly. Now, back to your regularly scheduled program/topic. :loopy:
I don’t think anyone is saying that young people aren’t at risk, but it’s significantly lower than people in their 40s+.
Here’s a chart I found breaking it down.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom