Joe Buck: Network would allow fake crowd noise at stadiums if no fans (1 Viewer)

Still they think should just put all the players mom's behind each bench. Socially distanced of course.

They'd be plenty loud and the verbal sparring and potential actual fights would be awesome.

Still they think should just put all the players mom's behind each bench. Socially distanced of course.

They'd be plenty loud and the verbal sparring and potential actual fights would be awesome.
i knew we let Eli Apple walk too soon - momma Apple would have been a domefield advantage all by herself

I had the idea of you being able to basically make a soundboard in the Saints app.

A soundboard is a collection of noises, in this case cheers or boos, that you can assign to buttons in the app. You record your one or two second clips ahead of time so they can run some sort of profanity filter on there. Then during the game when we’re all watching at home we’re mashing buttons and somehow the collection of all those sounds is put into the broadcast.

I guess a “safer way” so that we don’t have a stadium of fart noises would be for the Saints to make a collection of 30 sounds and you pick your favorites to use. I think with modern tech, some way for the fans to feel like they’re connected to the moment would be great.

I had the idea of you being able to basically make a soundboard in the Saints app.

A soundboard is a collection of noises, in this case cheers or boos, that you can assign to buttons in the app. You record your one or two second clips ahead of time so they can run some sort of profanity filter on there. Then during the game when we’re all watching at home we’re mashing buttons and somehow the collection of all those sounds is put into the broadcast.

I guess a “safer way” so that we don’t have a stadium of fart noises would be for the Saints to make a collection of 30 sounds and you pick your favorites to use. I think with modern tech, some way for the fans to feel like they’re connected to the moment would be great.

That would be really cool. I'm not sure if they could make that work technologically, but it seems fairly reasonable to me. Overlay all of the little clips, increase the volume based on number of people clicking "cheer" or whatever, etc.

I'd much rather empty stands with your idea than stands full of fake Madden 2020 generated fans and prerecorded cheering. Your way would feel more organic.

I guess the "fans" that could easily be allowed inside the stadiums would be the front office staffs of the teams, trainers and locker room people and the families of the players. I think if you added all of those people up, you could get to a few hundred people. Mic each one of them up and blend them together and pump that noise into the stadium. You might have to bleep out a few weight room guys and some wives. You could also turn the sound up to the average natural sound level for the stadiums last year, so the Falcons will still know they are playing at home.

Let us in, I'm sure there's many of us who would risk it for the biscuit. I'd go to the games, if my reason of death was from attending a Saints game then so be it. Who Dat!
If it only affected you, that would be fine. However, when you leave the game and spread it to others, they did not have a choice.

If it only affected you, that would be fine. However, when you leave the game and spread it to others, they did not have a choice.

Yea well me like a lot of people are going out to stores, bars, beaches, restaurants, etc already so. It's also not a for sure thing that you would catch it at the game. I've likely had it already like a lot of people have with mild symptons a few months ago.

Just let fans in the stands! We’re held hostage to this thing that only affects people over 70 or with preexisting conditions. Quarantine them and let the rest of the world move on!
How dare you say that?!

Judging by your "clowns" and "facepalms" don't you know we should just stay inside until the year 2022!

We should definitely keep things shut down until we know, for sure, it's ok. So the year 2022, I think we might be ok.

You know, stay inside at all cost, it's ok to be scared to live your life. How I've manged to work at UPS during quarantine for 2 months with not ONE single case is beyond me?

What I'm really surprised is how have all the homeless people survived this?? "Things that make you go hmmm"

The Mexican soccer league is playing games in empty stadiums, but they do add some crowd noise to the transmission, not in the stadium. It's not the same, obviously, but it does give enough suspension of disbelief.

They also tried with mics next to the benches, but you could hear the ... shall we call them "interactions" among players, so they nixed that :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom