Joe Buck: Network would allow fake crowd noise at stadiums if no fans (1 Viewer)

So FOX will have to go from "blocking out" the crowd noise on the broadcast of Saints home games to adding noise. I have attended too many games in the dome that were crazy loud only to watch a replay and think the dome was empty. Should be interesting.

How dare you say that?!

Judging by your "clowns" and "facepalms" don't you know we should just stay inside until the year 2022!

We should definitely keep things shut down until we know, for sure, it's ok. So the year 2022, I think we might be ok.

You know, stay inside at all cost, it's ok to be scared to live your life. How I've manged to work at UPS during quarantine for 2 months with not ONE single case is beyond me?

What I'm really surprised is how have all the homeless people survived this?? "Things that make you go hmmm"
They have a lot of sheep on this forum that would get led to the slaughter!

• 1Like
Reactions: tak
I don’t think anyone is saying that young people aren’t at risk, but it’s significantly lower than people in their 40s+.
Here’s a chart I found breaking it down.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

That's exactly what I was responding to. Someone did say that it only affects older folks and people with preexisting conditions. I am aware that the severity and death rates are lower in younger people and those without preexisting conditions.

Just let fans in the stands! We’re held hostage to this thing that only affects people over 70 or with preexisting conditions. Quarantine them and let the rest of the world move on!

That's exactly what I was responding to. Someone did say that it only affects older folks and people with preexisting conditions. I am aware that the severity and death rates are lower in younger people and those without preexisting conditions.
Sorry. My mistake.

They don't need fans, just CGI like they did in Gladiator. And that was twenty years ago -- imagine how good the CGI is now.

I've been expecting them to start CGI-ing the stands anyway; too many empty seats (looking at you, Atlanta) isn't the kind of look the NFL wants to present, and they're standard MO is to cover up and deny a problem rather than actually address it, especially if it would hurt revenue (e.g., season tickets) or increase cost (e.g., CTE).

Most of their money comes from TV anyway, and most TV viewers couldn't really tell whether the crowd was GCI or not. They just need some actual shots of small groups of fans in each stadium, which they can just pay for, and they're ready to go. Outside of a couple million of us die-hards who actually enjoy the live-game and game-day experience, most of the folks are just watching on TV anyway.

Could be worse...

KBO_cardboard_fans.0.png
They moved Rock Ridge to the stadium.

As crazy as the idea seems, trust me it will be necessary to even enjoy the game.

I've seen professional tennis return with no crowds. It's totally unwatchable.

• 1Like
Reactions: tak
As crazy as the idea seems, trust me it will be necessary to even enjoy the game.

I've seen professional tennis return with no crowds. It's totally unwatchable.

I think all tennis is unwatchable. But I don’t need a crowd to watch football. Turn the volume down and listen to Zach and Deuce. Ever watch a blowout? A MAC game? Sunbelt? A small high school? No crowds at UFC aren’t bothering me at all. I think you’re in the minority if you need people in the stands to be able to watch sports.

Just let all the fans watching from home join a zoom meeting and broadcast them over the stadium speakers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom