Joe Buck: Network would allow fake crowd noise at stadiums if no fans (1 Viewer)

Just let all the fans watching from home join a zoom meeting and broadcast them over the stadium speakers.

Talk about an audiophile's worst nightmare. A bunch of drunk football fans screaming into shoddy phone microphones is asking for a ton of distortion and an overall bad experience.

watching bundesliga now
no one in the stands but no canned sound - just the VERY echo-y sound of the players and coaches yelling (it's quite the insight into acoustics if nothing else)
similar to watching korean baseball without fans, the most disconcerting thing is watching tension increase (breakaway dribbling or ball hit into the gap) and not an accompanying rise in fan noise

but other than that the novelty of not seeing fans wears off pretty quickly

Sad to see so many being roped into this with the economy and sports entertainment tanking when evidence and data conclude that there are far better ways to approach this.
Land of the free? Home of the brave? Or Land of the lead? Home of the hidden?

Sad to see so many being roped into this with the economy and sports entertainment tanking when evidence and data conclude that there are far better ways to approach this.
Land of the free? Home of the brave? Or Land of the lead? Home of the hidden?
Aren’t you a hardcore Christian?
Doesn’t that mean you’ve given your freedom to and are lead by Christ?

But without it...

If they do it, it would have to be just a baseline level crowd noise to keep things from getting too weird IMO. No pumping it up or down for specific plays.

Aren’t you a hardcore Christian?
Doesn’t that mean you’ve given your freedom to and are lead by Christ?
What does that have to do with anything? But yes as a Christian I am His servant. I didn't give up my freedom as a U.S. citizen but rather gave up being chained to sin. Just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean that I'm detached from Earth. This Nation is based on Judeo-Christian values. The Bible even testifies that we are to actively seek the best for the land we inhabit. The Apostle Paul used his Roman citizenship rights to stand for righteousness, so will I.

Last edited:
Yes. It is.
As a medical worker that have worked in Covid wing for 2 months. It's not. People from 30s to 60 are getting hospitalized and expiring.

As a medical worker that have worked in Covid wing for 2 months. It's not. People from 30s to 60 are getting hospitalized and expiring.
Underlying conditions? Confirmed Covid or just possible Covid? I ask because they have admittedly been marking patients down as Covid when the illness is respiratory related, unknown and or they had Covid although another disease had already overtaken them.

Underlying conditions? Confirmed Covid or just possible Covid? I ask because they have admittedly been marking patients down as Covid when the illness is respiratory related, unknown and or they had Covid although another disease had already overtaken them.
Lets clarify underlying issues. Lots of people are deal with underlying issues. No one is truly superman healthy. I grown up with a compromised respiratory system. I'm 29 years old. It's more about not knowing what you have.. Cautionary awareness. I was at moderate risk. Had 4 surgeries, been to the hospital 3 times... I haven't contracted or spread Covid to my knowledge. If I was asymptomatic, I'd been self isolating with my significant other. Which is enough my conscious can bear to put at risk.

If have good awareness(like not ignorantly breathing recirculated air witout a mask that isn't your home), hyigene(wash hands and face) and understand the moderate risk of Covid. You should be perfectly fine. Oh yeah, don't be breathing in someone's breath...

Confrimed cases. They only admit Covid positive patients into the wing. Patients they are pending, but showing symptoms get isolated on a medsurg wing separated from other patients.

Also, symptoms may seem undistinguishable to the untrain eye, but there is a lot of tells with severe cases of Covid.

People that put Covid falsely isn't a large number that some people that the mefis would lead you to believe. Medical field is far from prefect with lots of malpractice. Especially, a crappy doctor can look to absolve themselves of any legal malpractice by claiming Covid. Which is disappointing, but a lot of people are dying.

Most people don't die from just one disease or virus. Flu doesn't kill you. It's the pneumonia/bacteria infection that it help start. It's why it's called Flu related death. I hate comparing Flu and Covid, but this comparison just gonna have to work.

Covid is a Supered Up Flu that is twice as transmissionable.

I hope not. I would like it if they mic’d up everyone and we got to hear all the trash talk & what not. That would be so awesome, but that would never happen. But just hearing the hits would be awesome and different. If we going to get a different product this year, why not give us something different from the sound of the game as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom