Joe Burrow “I have leverage” (1 Viewer)

I don’t buy the Burrow refuses to be a Bengal nonsense, but if it’s true why are we suppose to cheer him on? I never forgave Eli for this nonsense and I won’t be cool with Burrow doing the same. Go to the team that drafts you. Don’t be a crybaby.
Eli's 2 SB rings say, We don't care that YOU never forgave Eli.

Respectfully disagree. I don’t like players refusing to play for a team that is trying to draft them. Think about if this becomes more prevalent. Then what point is that draft at all?

I can't speak much to the Elway situation, but the Chargers got compensated quite well from the Giants for Eli. I don't want to see this become a common thing, but it's not like teams aren't getting a good return from malcontents.

I don’t buy the Burrow refuses to be a Bengal nonsense, but if it’s true why are we suppose to cheer him on? I never forgave Eli for this nonsense and I won’t be cool with Burrow doing the same. Go to the team that drafts you. Don’t be a crybaby.

I get what you are saying, but teams are doing what's best for them. Why can't players do what's best for themselves? Why do we expect players to shut up and do as they are told, but not owners? The players are the ones actually doing the work.

Honestly, I agree it's a crybaby move, but Alex Smith was a piece of sheet and Eli had no idea how long he (the SD GM) would be part of San Diego at the time.

So whenever someone does something wrong, if they themselves don’t feel bad about it, it’s not wrong? That’s cool.
So what the Mannings did was "morally" wrong now? You know the NFL's a business, right? Just sayin' Eli didn't ask everybody if what he did was okay nor does he care nor SHOULD he have cared what anybody thought. He didn't hurt anyone.

Why is it wrong to get what you want out of your career?

It’s not. If he decides he wants to do something besides play football, he is free to do so. If he wants to join the XFL, he’s free to do so. What is not okay is to compromise the selection process of the organization he actually wants to join because he doesn’t think he can change things. That’s what it boils down to. Refusing to play for a franchise, as a QB, is a sign that you aren’t willing to bet on yourself.

It’s not. If he decides he wants to do something besides play football, he is free to do so. If he wants to join the XFL, he’s free to do so. What is not okay is to compromise the selection process of the organization he actually wants to join because he doesn’t think he can change things. That’s what it boils down to. Refusing to play for a franchise, as a QB, is a sign that you aren’t willing to bet on yourself.

Hogwash.

Or it's a sign that a franchise needs to get it's sheet together if they actually want to compete and not just sell tickets to a farce while ripping off millions of fans and hundreds of players.

Let me repeat .. teams do NOT draft players. They are drafting the right to offer that player a contract.

The player has the ABSOLUTE right to not sign said contract. Regardless of any virtue signaling by (us) in the peanut gallery.

People on twitter are up in arms about it. Saying things like “shut up and be happy to be the #1 overall pick.”

Like god forbid a grown man would like to have a say in where he’s going to be working for the next few years ?

Inappropriate Language/Remarks
As one of the few Saints fans that’s not an LSU guy, I get that you guys would [mod edit :nono: inappropriate language/remarks seek a higher level], but try your best to see this from an unbiased angle and it’s clearly not how the NFL should function. As fans you should be able to acknowledge that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Respectfully disagree. I don’t like players refusing to play for a team that is trying to draft them. Think about if this becomes more prevalent. Then what point is that draft at all?
For players with no leverage??? :unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom