Joe Burrow “I have leverage” (1 Viewer)

As one of the few Saints fans that’s not an LSU guy, I get that you guys would take every inch tonsil deep, but try your best to see this from an unbiased angle and it’s clearly not how the NFL should function. As fans you should be able to acknowledge that.

If Burrow played for any other school, we'd already have grumbling on this board that he's a primadonna, etc. Absolutely fact without any room for debate.

Now imagine if he had fewer intangibles than he does.

"DAE think Joe Burrows is a thug?!!?"

If Burrow played for any other school, we'd already have grumbling on this board that he's a primadonna, etc. Absolutely fact without any room for debate.

"Joe Burrow - Thug"
Doubtful. He just put up on of, if not THE, best seasons for a college QB ever. I wouldn't care if he went to any other school in a power 5 conference, what he did last year was amazing and I'd be interested in drafting him considering we've only likely got one year of Drew left.

Doubtful. He just put up on of, if not THE, best seasons for a college QB ever. I wouldn't care if he went to any other school in a power 5 conference, what he did last year was amazing and I'd be interested in drafting him considering we've only likely got one year of Drew left.

People on here called Lamar Jackson all kinds of names because he said he aspires to be as good as Tom Brady some day.

He would get dragged relentlessly.

People on here called Lamar Jackson all kinds of names because he said he aspires to be as good as Tom Brady some day.

He would get dragged relentlessly.
Well, people on here and myself aren't all the same. I don't even recall him making that statement but it's whatever. What QB wouldn't aspire to be as good as one of the GOATS? And while LJ put up a Heisman worthy season, it still pales in comparison to what Burrow did last year.

Well, people on here and myself aren't all the same. I don't even recall him making that statement but it's whatever. What QB wouldn't aspire to be as good as one of the GOATS? And while LJ put up a Heisman worthy season, it still pales in comparison to what Burrow did last year.

Definitely not singling you in particular out.

Was just a general observation.

"DAE think Joe Burrows is a thug?!!?"
That is true. And like HogsNSaints I didn't LIKE what Eli did either, but that was just my personal opinion that nobody but me cares about. But very, very, very few players come along that even make the conversation about leverage come up no matter who you're a fan of.

Definitely not singling you in particular out.

Was just a general observation.
I didn't think you are, I was just pointing out that a loud minority is usually more visible than a silent majority. I'm just a Saints fan. I want them to acquire the best players possible and actually thought LJ would have been a good pick (even though I didn't think he'd put up an MVP season so early in his career). Didn't Payton have interest in drafting LJ btw?

I just think we need to drop the “he’s a grown man, he should decide his fate” angle, because it’s absolutely nonsense. He can do whatever he wants. He doesn’t have to play football ever again. But if he aspires to join the NFL, he has to adhere to the NFL’s ways. Rocking that boat is being a diva..

Again, I’m not convinced yet that these are Burrow’s actual feelings and not people speculating out of nothing. The Bengals have a decent cast of skill players. There’s plenty of worse destinations..

And nobody not on this board cares what people say here either.
tenor.gif

I just think we need to drop the “he’s a grown man, he should decide his fate” angle, because it’s absolutely nonsense. He can do whatever he wants. He doesn’t have to play football ever again. But if he aspires to join the NFL, he has to adhere to the NFL’s ways. Rocking that boat is being a diva..

Again, I’m not convinced yet that these are Burrow’s actual feelings and not people speculating out of nothing. The Bengals have a decent cast of skill players. There’s plenty of worse destinations..
He is adhering to the NFL's ways. Elway, Eli, hell - Bo Jackson, all didn't want to play for the team that was going to draft them and used the leverage that few players ever have to get around it. If Burrow hadn't just shattered NCAA records he wouldn't be in a position to go around being drafted by the Bengals.

You can be convinced that these aren't Burrow's actual feelings but he sure has avoided saying he'd be happy to be a Bengal and has actually said he wants to first and foremost play for a team that is committed to winning - which the Bengals have shown they are not over the past 20 years.

He is adhering to the NFL's ways. Elway, Eli, hell - Bo Jackson, all didn't want to play for the team that was going to draft them and used the leverage that few players ever have to get around it. If Burrow hadn't just shattered NCAA records he wouldn't be in a position to go around being drafted by the Bengals.

You can be convinced that these aren't Burrow's actual feelings but he sure has avoided saying he'd be happy to be a Bengal and has actually said he wants to first and foremost play for a team that is committed to winning - which the Bengals have shown they are not over the past 20 years.

Why would his college stats change his leverage? The NFL needs Joe Burrow a lot less than Joe Burrow needs the NFL.

Curious if Peyton Manning would have pulled an Eli had we been the #1 pick? I may be wrong but think he did not want to play for New Orleans.....

Why would his college stats change his leverage? The NFL needs Joe Burrow a lot less than Joe Burrow needs the NFL.
Why did the college stats for Eli, Elway and Bo Jackson change their leverage? We get it. You're an Arkansas fan and we feel sorry for you. This isn't just about him being an LSU player. It's about what he just did with the passing game coordinator from the Saints designing his plays. When asked how many of his TD's thrown he knew were going to be TD's before they even snapped the ball? He said 30/60. Why wouldn't you want that guy on your team? And if he does have the leverage - which HE is claiming he has - why shouldn't he use it? So he can go play for a team that Carson Palmer literally quit football and walked away from like $15M to go tailgate at USC? He wants to win. It's why he went to LSU when he transferred from Ohio State and why he's trying to get something worked out to possibly avoid being a Bengal. You think they want to draft someone who could very well demand a trade after one year of being stuck with one of the worst organizations in the league?

The NFL knows that he is going to end up on an NFL franchise somewhere. Why would they worry where he plays, as long as they can highlight his name on any promo of the team he'll be playing for? The NFL just needs household names to bill. In fact it does raise more interest in the product if Joe can go to some team that he can move to the top of the rankings and where football fans will want to follow the career of Joe Burrow.

Having him turn into a 'what might have been' player doesn't help anyone out very much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom