Joe Burrow came three completions from setting a new single season completion % record. (1 Viewer)

black_floyd

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Man, it would've been awesome for him to have that to go along with the single season passing TDs and passer rating records. And to clarify, I mean that if you were to take three of his incompletions from last night and turn them into completions, he gets the record. Not that he needed to complete three more passes in addition to what he'd already done for the night. I just couldn't think of how to coherently express that in the thread title while still making all the words fit. He ended up at 76.3% and the record is 76.7%.

Also of note is the fact that Joe is the first triple crown winner for passing yards, touchdowns, and passer rating in 13 years and that you'd have to go all the way back to 1953 when Stanford's Bobby Garrett won it to find a triple crown winner whose team actually played more than one ranked opponent during their season.

Last edited:
Man, it would've been awesome for him to have that to go along with the single season passing TDs and passer rating records. And to clarify, I mean that if you take three of his incompletions from last night and turn them into completions, he gets the record. Not that he needed to complete three more passes in addition to what he'd already done for the night. I just couldn't think of how to coherently express that in the thread title while still making all the words fit. He ended up at 76.3% and the record is 76.7%.

Too bad they don't factor in how many passes WERE DROPPED by the receivers!!!

They owe Jeaux an apology! : - )

much of that is clearly system numbers. Texas Tech is on that list 6 times in the last 18 years with 5 different QBs. And looking at the list it clearly isn't a great indicator of how good a pro they will make. I think, though, that Joe's numbers are clearly way more impressive due to quality of the defenses he faced.

I agree wholeheartedly about the strength of schedule part. I think, however, that it remains to be seen whether or not Joe also benefited from a great system though. There's virtually nothing anyone can say to diminish his accomplishments this season but for his production to skyrocket like that in just one year's time and not attribute at least some of it to the system would be naive. Our next QB's performance will give us some insight as to how much of the credit should go to the system but, in the end, Joe did it against one of the most disgustingly difficult schedules ever so no one can take that away from him.

I agree wholeheartedly about the strength of schedule part. I think, however, that it remains to be seen whether or not Joe also benefited from a great system though. There's virtually nothing anyone can say to diminish his accomplishments this season but for his production to skyrocket like that in just one year's time and not attribute at least some of it to the system would be naive. Our next QB's performance will give us some insight as to how much of the credit should go to the system but, in the end, Joe did it against one of the most disgustingly difficult schedules ever so no one can take that away from him.

true that. Some parts system and also some parts really great receivers. Joe gets most of the credit but those guys were out freaking standing this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom