Joe Burrow-Dan Patrick Show (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
With his words this is starting to sound like the Eli Manning and John Elway draft sagas and having Carson Palmer bro training him makes it all the more interesting.

With his words this is starting to sound like the Eli Manning and John Elway draft sagas and having Carson Palmer bro training him makes it all the more interesting.
And Tom Condon being Burrows agent makes it all the more interesting. Attached a good read about Eli and Elway draft days if anyone is interested.

About 250 draft entrants would give almost the exact same interview, if asked. Every year. I think some unconnected dots are being joined, personally.

About 250 draft entrants would give almost the exact same interview, if asked. Every year. I think some unconnected dots are being joined, personally.
I agree and disagree bud. Having Tom Condon as your agent and Burrows drive to win along with Carson Palmer statement makes it very interesting. The Bungles are a joke of a franchise and where players careers go to die. You put some of the great qbs of all time in Cincy and they wouldn’t be so great. I mean how the hell did Marvin Lewis keep his job for 16 years and never won a single playoff game? We would riot if that happened. That Who Dey crap well I don’t need to say anymore as y’all can figure out what else I can say about that lmao.

I agree and disagree bud. Having Tom Condon as your agent and Burrows drive to win along with Carson Palmer statement makes it very interesting. The Bungles are a joke of a franchise and where players careers go to die. You put some of the great qbs of all time in Cincy and they wouldn’t be so great. I mean how the hell did Marvin Lewis keep his job for 16 years and never won a single playoff game? We would riot if that happened. That Who Dey crap well I don’t need to say anymore as y’all can figure out what else I can say about that lmao.
I think Marvin Lewis gets a bad wrap, he was all in all a good coach who was severely hamstrung by terribly cheap Ownership. They would never get Lewis any decent free agent signings to work with. He was still able to coach those teams to the playoffs most years, despite Mike Brown's cheapness. Look at how far they have sunk without Marvin.

Marvin Lewis absolutely could be a good Defensive coordinator for someone, and probably even deserves another crack at a Head coaching spot somewhere with better Ownership support. He's certainly more qualified than Stefanski, or an unknown guy from college like Rhule.

I think Marvin Lewis gets a bad wrap, he was all in all a good coach who was severely hamstrung by terribly cheap Ownership. They would never get Lewis any decent free agent signings to work with. He was still able to coach those teams to the playoffs most years, despite Mike Brown's cheapness. Look at how far they have sunk without Marvin.

Marvin Lewis absolutely could be a good Defensive coordinator for someone, and probably even deserves another crack at a Head coaching spot somewhere with better Ownership support. He's certainly more qualified than Stefanski, or an unknown guy from college like Rhule.
Hell those 2013-2015 Cincy teams were pretty stacked bro and they choked big time. Aj Green in his prime was sickness and the defense was pretty stacked. Hell I wouldn’t mind some Aj Green, Tyler Eifert, Andrew Whitworth, Jeremy Hill which balled his first few years, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Sanu, Head Basher Burfict, Maualuga and some pretty stout cbs in Pac-Man Jones and Leon Hall. They didn’t really have a weakness those years and That’s a pretty stout lineup they had for a few years and still choked it up when the bright lights came on.

Hell those 2016-2019 NOLA teams were pretty stacked bro and they choked big time. CGM in his prime is sickness and the defense was pretty stacked. Hell I wouldn’t mind some CGM, Jared Cook, T Armstead, Alvin Kamara which balled his first few years, Cam Jordan, Marcus Davenport, Ginn, Head Basher Davis, Klein and some pretty stout cbs in Lattimore and Jenkins/Apple. They didn’t really have a weakness those years and That’s a pretty stout lineup they had for a few years and still choked it up when the bright lights came on.
Conversely...

Yep I called it 2 weeks go on a thread I started. In short they are playing nice for now. You and everyone else knows the Bengals are a football hell. Carson Palmer even said until Marvin Lewis came in the Bengals didnt have a full time scouting staff. If Joe doesn't go to the Saints for the Sake of his career I sure hope he doesn't go to Cincy

Yeah I thought it would be a cool story for him to go back to his home state, but now I've come to the realization they need to go all Eli Manning on that organization.

Dolphins would be a good landing spot. That young head coach has promise. And it's not like they haven't tried to win.

Yeah I thought it would be a cool story for him to go back to his home state, but now I've come to the realization they need to go all Eli Manning on that organization.

Dolphins would be a good landing spot. That young head coach has promise. And it's not like they haven't tried to win.
Haven’t tried? I’d say they have done the opposite since Marino with Duper and Clayton as they traded away anyone with a pulse including Minkah which is a stud. They went full boar wholesale style but I will say they do have a boat load of draft capital.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom