joe burrow/ justin Herbert (1 Viewer)

Saviorbrees

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So was bored and decided to start watching highlights of the current qbs in the draft. And in my opinion i think these 2 qbs are the best in the draft. Burrow although hasnt proving anything yet in the NFL reminds me of a Drew Brees/ Tom Brady because of his key point accuracy/ability to throw a reciever open and anticipate the throw before reciever is done breaking his route, i mean he just puts the ball in the right spot its crazy to see. And something about his passes are just so catchable they just land so softly into the recievers hands much like brees, Also think he has exceptional arm strength. Burrow has also shown he is extremely smart, closest thing to a sure thing qb they have coming out of college.

Justin however may not have the accuracy burrow has but his arm strength seems to be very strong, can throw 50 yards pretty easily and this guy is HUGE! Burrow is a very good scrambler and can even outrun most lineman and some linebackers to get first down and some extra yards but Justin on the other hand looks to run faster and can even break tackles, and his a nice stiff arm. Justin is very intriguing cuz hes such a tall big guy. Would very much love to see if we draft him what sean payton could do with him in his offense. We all love Burrow and would want him but how would you feel about drafting Justin without moving up or only moving up a couple spots to draft him? thoughts?

so after reading a couple draft mocks it looks as if Justin wont be anywhere near us when its time for our pick.

herbert is going to be a top 10 pick, bank on it.

herbert is going to be a top 10 pick, bank on it.
would till cost significantly less then trading the farm for burrow. Still dont know how i feel about going after a stud qb this year or just shoring up some holes, number 2 wr, outside linbacker, gaurd or tackle...decisions decisions

Love how players become thread worthy in direct correlation to whether they were on TV that/last night.

It's why Alabama players get so much love, we're over saturated with them on our screens every week.

I apologise for not actually talking about QBs we won't be drafting.

Herbert was held back by the offensive system at Oregon. Seemed to run the RPO and frequently only passed in3rd down situations. I like him but won’t make it to 24.

The conventional wisdom at this time is that Burrow, Tua and Herbert are top 6 picks. In fact, I would not be surprised to see a team trade to 3 or 4 to pick a quarterback before Miami and the Chargers.

The question for me is how high does Jordan Love go and does a team trade up to pick him. I don't think he will be on the board at 24.

Regarding Herbert, he has the physical attributes, but what Burrow did week after week against top college talent was phenomenal. Burrow is the most NFL ready quarterback I think I have ever seen, and that includes Peyton Manning.

Last edited:
Love how players become thread worthy in direct correlation to whether they were on TV that/last night.

It's why Alabama players get so much love, we're over saturated with them on our screens every week.

I apologise for not actually talking about QBs we won't be drafting.
didnt even know he played yesterday till after this post to be honest...dont keep up with the senior bowl if thats whay you were reffering too. Was literally just on youtube and just started watching highlight videos of all the qbs in this years draft and came here to make a topic to discuss said qbs

didnt even know he played yesterday till after this post to be honest...dont keep up with the senior bowl if thats whay you were reffering too. Was literally just on youtube and just started watching highlight videos of all the qbs in this years draft and came here to make a topic to discuss said qbs
Yes, my bad assumption that you had looked him up on YouTube after seeing some Senior Bowl highlights or similar.

I'm guilty of making a more general comment about how we as a board, in my opinion, get sucked into hyping players based on their amount of time on TV and then unleashing thread after thread declaring them to be 'the one'. Usually it's Alabama QBs - I recall AJ McCarron being anointed at one point for example, how did that one work out..?

Last edited:
The conventional wisdom at this time is that Burrow, Tua and Herbert are top 6 picks. In fact, I would not be surprised to see a team trade to 3 or 4 to pick a quarterback before Miami and the Chargers.

The question for me is how high does Jordan Love go and does a team trade up to pick him. I don't think he will be on the board at 24.

Regarding Herbert, he has the physical attributes, but what Burrow did week after week against top college talent was phenomenal. Burrow is the most NFL ready quarterback I think I have ever seen, and that includes Peyton Manning.
I hope Love does go before 24, because I think it would be a waste pick. Outside of Burrow, Tua (if healthy) and Herbert, I would not touch any other QB in the 1st round, when the Saints have so many other desperate holes to fill. Like LB, OL, WR. Depending on what happens in FA, things could suddenly change.

Judging QB talent for NFL is a crap shot. plenty of sure bets have turn into career backup. Its so hard due to the QBs production being so dependent on the players around him.Very seldom is the first QB the best QB from a draft. Early picks are often a result of the hype train. As team later in a draft look for a QB the decision based more of the evaluation process. Most projected top QB prospects sit out of alot of the post season evaluations like the combine and pro days.

QBs with in this draft with biggest bust potential.

Tua- his health may hamper his career greatly. Major injuries in both years as a starter is not good.

Burrow- Hype train is out of control. He could be and average or Slightly above average QB, and still be consider a bust. He is going to en up on a really bad team with little help around him.
He arm strength is a huge question mark that may get exposed in the NFL. He had a huge amount of talent around him at WR, TE, and RB while at LSU, which makes it hard to tell if it was him or was he a product of the weapons around him. He will not see those kind of weapons on the field with him at least for a few years. Even if it doesn't work out early in his career he could develop later on however, QB s in today's NFL aren't really given time to develop. Best thing that could happen to burrow is another team fall in love with him and trade for the first pick. 2 potentials are Miami and raiders due to have multiple first round picks. I wouldn't be surprised if raiders somehow move of to first pick for cheap. The NFL needs a reason for people to go watch the team in its new home town.

I believe Herbert and Love have better chances to succeed in the NFL due to where they will end up going. The next few teams potentially looking for a QB are alot better situations than the bengals. There is a huge difference in teams that need a new QB and teams that need an entirely new team. The only one of these teams that is not clearly better is Miami however with 3 firsts and 80 mill in salary cap they could change that in a hurry.

I can see herbert going to one of the following
Miami
chargers
Panthers
Raiders

i can see Love going to
Miami
Raiders
New England
New Orleans
Tampa ( but talk is they are planning on sticking with Winston)

I got Hebert as a 2nd round pick.

Dude has plateaud.

My son graduated from Oregon and I went to UNO so Oregon is my adopted college team to root for. I watch a LOT of Oregon football and really want their players to succeed in the NFL.

I just don't see Hebert as being anywhere near Burrow or Tua's level, at least not yet. I haven't consistently seen in Hebert the decision-making or timing that those guys have. His accuracy isn't really off-the-charts and he's not the "intangibles" leader or breakdown playmaker those guys are either. All in my uneducated opinion, of course.

That said, he's definitely got the physical tools to be successful, he's smart, and he's a great kid. So I'd take him if I had a top 10 pick and needed a QB, but I certainly wouldn't trade critical picks or assets to move up to get him.

I disagree that for Burrow arm strength is a major question mark. It is not his strength, but he can make every throw that an NFL quarterback needs to make. No quarterback with questionable arm strength can dominate against Alabama, Texas A&M, Georgia, Oklahoma, and Clemson the way Burrow did.

If Herbert had been LSU's quarterback this season, LSU certainly is not the dominant team it was and probably doesn't win a national championship. I saw Herbert play several times. At times, I was impressed, and at other times, I was not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom